VIDEOGAME Thread...

I am younger than all you you guys but i grew up on SNES, NES and Sega. Sonic, Mario are the big ones but anyone ever play SUPER Punchout, not NES one the SNES one, that game was EPIC.

Alan Wake rivals Red Dead Redemption with awesomeness, but the lasting effect wont be long im assuming.

I am younger than all you you guys but i grew up on SNES, NES and Sega. Sonic, Mario are the big ones but anyone ever play SUPER Punchout, not NES one the SNES one, that game was EPIC.

Alan Wake rivals Red Dead Redemption with awesomeness, but the lasting effect wont be long im assuming.

Super Punchout was the dogs bollocks :thumbsup:

I agree with the comment about Alan Wake, it is a brilliant game but due to little replayability it will be soon forgotten. I think its episodic structure was definately a highlight along with the characters and story but after playing that and then going to Red Dead I find RDR more engrossing as I want to take my time with it but with AW I wanted to finish it asap to know what happened.

Episodes from Liberty City sucks. The missions are fucking hard and when you die you pop out in the middle of fucking nowhere.

So then phone one of your contacts that can provide you with a car... or bike...

Yeah and you can get backup on missions by doing the same thing.

Episodes from Liberty City sucks. The missions are fucking hard and when you die you pop out in the middle of fucking nowhere.

So then phone one of your contacts that can provide you with a car... or bike...

Cars are dricing around thats not the problem the city is huge.

but how do I call my contacts?

I agree with the comment about Alan Wake, it is a brilliant game but due to little replayability it will be soon forgotten. I think its episodic structure was definately a highlight along with the characters and story but after playing that and then going to Red Dead I find RDR more engrossing as I want to take my time with it but with AW I wanted to finish it asap to know what happened.

I wish you could just free roam in Alan Wake, The setting is very interesting, id kill for a free roam game with that setting.

I wish you could just free roam in Alan Wake, The setting is very interesting, id kill for a free roam game with that setting.

Originally it was going to be a sandbox game but I can see why they changed it as the narrative and pacing of it would not have worked in a sandbox setting.

I agree that it would be great to explore it indepth but at the same time exploring places when there is a sense of urgency you will be attacked like in the motel you can explore in the final mission was great aswell.

I have Super Punchout on my Wii. It was the 1st game I downloaded from the Nintendo store after we got the Wii.

Valve Cancel Portal 2 Demo At E3. Looks like Half-Life 2: Episode Three will finally be shown.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/109/1094050p1.html

Valve has apparently canceled its planned Portal 2 event during E3 for a new surprise.

An e-mail was sent out to gaming press today that announced the cancellation. Read the entire message below:

Dear Subject Name Here,

Aperture Science is pleased to inform you that we have partnered with Valve to announce the gala CANCELLATION of the June 14 Portal 2 event at the Regal Theater. The event will be replaced by a surprise. And even though the cancellation of the event certainly counts as a surprise, we are pleased to further announce that the cancellation of the event is not THE surprise. However, per International treaties regarding the definition of the word "surprise", of which both Aperture Science and Valve are signatories, the time, date and content of the actual surprise will only become available as you experience the surprise.

If you'd like to ask fruitless questions about the E3 Portal 2 surprise or, more fruitfully, schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve's Special Envoy to Surprises, Doug Lombardi.

Thank you for [[RECORD SCRATCH!!!]]

PS: The surprising record scratch is also not the surprise.

Originally it was going to be a sandbox game but I can see why they changed it as the narrative and pacing of it would not have worked in a sandbox setting.

I agree that it would be great to explore it indepth but at the same time exploring places when there is a sense of urgency you will be attacked like in the motel you can explore in the final mission was great aswell.

I'm only on part two but its so awesome. I see why its not a sandbox game but it would be cool it it was.

Valve Cancel Portal 2 Demo At E3. Looks like Half-Life 2: Episode Three will finally be shown.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/109/1094050p1.html

Valve has apparently canceled its planned Portal 2 event during E3 for a new surprise.

An e-mail was sent out to gaming press today that announced the cancellation. Read the entire message below:

Dear Subject Name Here,

Aperture Science is pleased to inform you that we have partnered with Valve to announce the gala CANCELLATION of the June 14 Portal 2 event at the Regal Theater. The event will be replaced by a surprise. And even though the cancellation of the event certainly counts as a surprise, we are pleased to further announce that the cancellation of the event is not THE surprise. However, per International treaties regarding the definition of the word "surprise", of which both Aperture Science and Valve are signatories, the time, date and content of the actual surprise will only become available as you experience the surprise.

If you'd like to ask fruitless questions about the E3 Portal 2 surprise or, more fruitfully, schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve's Special Envoy to Surprises, Doug Lombardi.

Thank you for [[RECORD SCRATCH!!!]]

PS: The surprising record scratch is also not the surprise.

I dont know what to think, I love both games. :question:

PS: Mario Galaxy 2 is awesome.

Edited by Cdlove

I think at this point they have to show Episode 3 to prove it exists.

Episode 2 came out close to three years ago now and we haven't had any word apart from some concept art, so I will be disappointed if we don't get a playable demo and a release date at the end of this year/ beginning of next and a full length game rather than an 4 hour one we got in Episode 1 and 2.

There were rumors going around the game was finished last year but then they redid the engine so we shall see.