VIDEOGAME Thread...

Well its E3 starting next week and I entered a thing and along with some other people have been picked by IGN UK to go to their offices to watch the Microsoft Conference live on monday and have my impressions of it recorded and maybe put on their website.

Well its E3 starting next week and I entered a thing and along with some other people have been picked by IGN UK to go to their offices to watch the Microsoft Conference live on monday and have my impressions of it recorded and maybe put on their website.

That's so cool how did you get picked for something like this?

i'm always annoyed with myself after e3, because i know i'll get very excited for games that won't be released until next year :(

disappointed also that portal 2 has been pushed back to 2011 :(

on another note, finished RDR, didn't love the ending

because now i've to play free roam as his pussy son :(

The white one looks like it has a dick, but clearly it's female due to it's feminine look.

Technically as its a legendary it probably won't have a gender unless they do it like Latios and Latias

I know, but they still like to make the legendary pokemon look as if they are a certain gender. Some of them, at least.

Those videos have been confirmed as fake, they are actually videos for the new PS3 3D games .

YOU SUCK.

But I should have seen the "fake" part in the title of that article :drevil: Looks like I see what I want to see.

Those videos have been confirmed as fake, they are actually videos for the new PS3 3D games .

YOU SUCK.

But I should have seen the "fake" part in the title of that article :drevil: Looks like I see what I want to see.

If they do release a PS4 Sony better not fuck up the launch like they did in 06.

Rock Band 3 info:

2000s

Combat Baby -- Metric

Dead End Friends -- Them Crooked Vultures

Get Free -- The Vines

Lasso -- Phoenix

Me Enamora -- Juanes

Oh My God -- Ida Maria

Portions of Foxes -- Rilo Kiley

The Hardest Button to Button -- The White Stripes

1990s

Been Caught Stealing -- Jane's Addiction

In the Meantime -- Spacehog

Plush -- Stone Temple Pilots

Walkin' on the Sun -- Smash Mouth

1980s

Crazy Train -- Ozzy Osbourne

Here I Go Again -- Whitesnake

I Love Rock and Roll -- Joan Jett

Just Like Heaven -- The Cure

Rainbow in the Dark -- Dio

The Power of Love -- Huey Lewis and the News

Sister Christian -- Night Ranger

1960s-1970s

Bohemian Rhapsody -- Queen

Break On Through -- The Doors

Crosstown Traffic -- Jimi Hendrix

- Keyboard is 25 keys and also works as a MIDI keyboard.

- Players can now drop in and out and change difficulty during gameplay.

- Pro mode features three added cymbals in addition to the four pads for drums. For guitar, numbers flow down the screen along six guitar strings, telling you where to place your hands on the neck and when to strum. Two new guitar controllers are being made by Mad Catz and Fender with real strings.

- New song sorting system. "you can say, 'only show me songs in Rock Band 3' or 'only songs under three minutes' or 'Eighties metal songs from my (downloadable) collection,' " Teasdale says. "It's a really cool way to take your full library down to a manageable list of songs."

Obviously not the whole setlist. I'm loving the 60's, 70's, and 80's picks so far. Little disappointed by the 90's and 00's choices, but Them Crooked Vultures, The Vines, The White Stripes, Metric, Stone Temple Pilots, Jane's Addiction, and Pheonix are all good.

More (a lot more) info here:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2010-06-10-rockband10_VA_N.htm

And here's a vid:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/2010-06-10-rockband10_ST_N.htm

Edited by LightningBolt

There's a rumour about a new Guns N' Roses song to appear on the new rock band game, I'm not really knowledgeable with this sort of stuff, will we have to wait until there's a leak detailing all involved songs? Like last time, Shackler's Revenge was on the list.

Just a rumour remember.

Edited by MoonWalker

There's a rumor about a new Guns N' Roses song to appear on the new rock band game, I'm not really knowledgeable with this sort of stuff, will we have to wait until there's a leak detailing all involved songs? Like last time, Shackler's Revenge was on the list.

Just a rumor remember.

I think Axl said he had a good relationship with the guys behind RB3 so it's not impossible.

There's a rumor about a new Guns N' Roses song to appear on the new rock band game, I'm not really knowledgeable with this sort of stuff, will we have to wait until there's a leak detailing all involved songs? Like last time, Shackler's Revenge was on the list.

Just a rumor remember.

I think Axl said he had a good relationship with the guys behind RB3 so it's not impossible.

If it is true there is a chance we will find out at E3 this week as that was when it was revealed there was a New Guns track in RB2 a couple of years ago.

A 25 key keyboard? Wow.

Both Crazy Taxi and Sonic Adventure's return will be made available through Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network "later this year," with Sonic Adventure arriving first during the "fall."

The games themselves will remain untouched, but Sega's adding -- in their words -- "high resolution visuals," "surround sound," online leaderboards and both achievements and trophies.

According to the released screens, these "high resolution visuals" made include adding widescreen support -- but not always. Crazy Taxi appears to have gotten the widescreen treatment, while Sonic Adventure has not, sticking to the original visual format with padding on the side.

Read more: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/705281/Segas-Bringing-Dreamcast-Back-Via-Xbox-Live-Arcade-And-PlayStation-Network.html#ixzz0qUhljBHD

YES YES YES YES

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

playing the new splinter cell, it really is short! i enjoyed the game alot, but there were a few things from the old games i miss like whistling and interrogating

The problem is these days is everyone calls a 6-8 hour game short, but the most common games are 6-8 hours long, so as those are the most common as those medium length games or just loads of short ones?

Personally I think anything above 10 hours for a single player game when I am playing is in my opinion a medium length game and anything above 15 hours could be considered long.

But we have short games, 6-8 hours, medium games 10-14 hours and long 15+ hours and most of them are short, games like Halo and COD get criticised for having "short campaigns" at 8-10 hours but how can they be short if the majority of games today are that length?

playing the new splinter cell, it really is short! i enjoyed the game alot, but there were a few things from the old games i miss like whistling and interrogating

The problem is these days is everyone calls a 6-8 hour game short, but the most common games are 6-8 hours long, so as those are the most common as those medium length games or just loads of short ones?

Personally I think anything above 10 hours for a single player game when I am playing is in my opinion a medium length game and anything above 15 hours could be considered long.

But we have short games, 6-8 hours, medium games 10-14 hours and long 15+ hours and most of them are short, games like Halo and COD get criticised for having "short campaigns" at 8-10 hours but how can they be short if the majority of games today are that length?

firstly, at 50 euros for a game, i wanna get more than 5.5 - 6 hours gameplay

secondly the latest COD was way shorter than 8-10 hours

10 hours is acceptable i think. i don't mind if a game is short as long as it has alot of replayability or great online modes. red dead redemption and MGS4 are 2 major examples

firstly, at 50 euros for a game, i wanna get more than 5.5 - 6 hours gameplay

secondly the latest COD was way shorter than 8-10 hours

10 hours is acceptable i think. i don't mind if a game is short as long as it has alot of replayability or great online modes. red dead redemption and MGS4 are 2 major examples

Along with the Coop campaign which is a standalone story which is about 4 hours, so entirely the campaigns of Splinter Cell are about 10 hours.

My playthrough of COD was 7.5 hours but all depends on the person.

I agree for £40 I want more than 6 hours gameplay and some games these days are not value for money atall.

I find it sad that in the industry today we are getting shorter and shorter games with less development time between titles in order to maximise profit a la COD.