VIDEOGAME Thread...

Nintendo is OWNING. Kirby, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Golden Sun, Epic Mickey, Mario Sports, and the Legend of Zelda... Wow.

But at the end of the day most of those games are sequels, would be nice to see new franchises developed rather then rehashes.

I mean people will buy them because they carry those names, however if those games were new franchises sales would be alot lower.

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

Nintendo is OWNING. Kirby, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Golden Sun, Epic Mickey, Mario Sports, and the Legend of Zelda... Wow.

But at the end of the day most of those games are sequels, would be nice to see new franchises developed rather then rehashes.

I mean people will buy them because they carry those names, however if those games were new franchises sales would be alot lower.

Yeah, I knew the lack of new franchises would be a problem, but I've been a huge Nintendo freak for a while. Kinda lost interest after about a year with the Wii. These new games are exactly what I need, so I'm not losing sleep. I can get games like Bulletstorm and the such on my 360 or PC.

One thing I did notice compare MS and Nintendo's conferences is MS focused on this year almost entirely, all the games that were shown aside from MGS: Rising and the Crytek game are out this year.

With Nintendo Metroid and Mario Party is out this year and I think new Donkey Kong and Kirby but didn't catch the release dates but aside from those most of it is out next year with Zelda, 3DS probably be released next year it seems that their show was some stuff this yeah but like they said at the beginning "Focusing on the future".

I wonder which route Sony will take and I think it will be middle ground with half this years (GT5, LBP2, Killzone 3) and half next year (PSP2, Infamous 2, Last Guardian)

One thing I did notice compare MS and Nintendo's conferences is MS focused on this year almost entirely, all the games that were shown aside from MGS: Rising and the Crytek game are out this year.

With Nintendo Metroid and Mario Party is out this year and I think new Donkey Kong and Kirby but didn't catch the release dates but aside from those most of it is out next year with Zelda, 3DS probably be released next year it seems that their show was some stuff this yeah but like they said at the beginning "Focusing on the future".

I wonder which route Sony will take and I think it will be middle ground with half this years (GT5, LBP2, Killzone 3) and half next year (PSP2, Infamous 2, Last Guardian)

Donkey Kong and Kirby are this year.

When did Halo hire the guys from Dynasty Warriors to do their soundtrack?

They didnt.

I know :) Just watched the gameplay footage of Reach and the music was hugely similar, just missing the constant guitar solo consisting of four different notes. I was waiting for the flurry of very similar looking Chinese people to come running out of nowhere only be to mowed down by a Spartan.

Edited by plonker88

Sony need to stop having digs at Nintendo and Microsoft during their conference, it made them come off badly last year and makes them seem like they are concentrating on the other companies too much rather than focusing on their own things. Especially with the Move.

Erm and there is visible lag when using the Move Controller on the Sorcery game, like when he fired spells it lagged and for example when he held the Move above his head and slammed it down to fire a spell, when he hit the ground with the controller he was still holding the wand above his head in game.

Very visible lag when swinging on Tiger Wood aswell

Guest Nasty Nate

I am so pumped for LoZ: Skyward Sword, it looks fucking awesome.

Nintendo games always appeal to me more than Microsoft and PlayStation just because I grew up playing them with my friends and my dad. The new Wii-mote kind of made me upset and nostalgic, but I think this new game could be just what I need. It looks like a mixture of Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time.

My main problem with Sony's conference right now is the same thing with Microsoft. They're focusing entirely too much on these little gimmicks that the Wii has already come up with and owned for a while now. The Move isn't much different than the Wii...

And with the 3D thing.... Oh my God.... Who is gonna buy a TV that costs thousands of dollars just to get some cruddy looking 3D effects? Movies have been doing 3D for a few years now and I still think they look choppy. I'm sure the PS3's isn't all that much different. At least with the 3DS it's built in and the console isn't going to cost much more than $100, if it is even that much. With the PS3 you have to buy a FREAKIN' TV....

The problem was last year Sony and MS got criticised for saying and not showing.

So this year they are going OTT with showing.

Once again Sony and Kevin Butler having more fun taking the piss out of other companies than their own stuff and then make him speak for 5 minutes pointlessly then walk off.

Erm you have to buy the two parts of the Move controller separately for $49.99 and $29.99 for the two parts so thats $80 for both parts. Why sell them separately?!

A bundle with PS3 and Move is $399 but a bundle with a New Xbox and Kinect is the same price aswell.