VIDEOGAME Thread...

Tried to start playing Final Fantasy XIII again.. does this game get any better the further you get into it? I'm at Fangs Eidolon and so far it's been incredibly monotonous. All style and no substance... and I can't listen to much more of this dialogue. It's awful even by FF standards.

My first FF game and I hate it. I don't know why this series is so popular if all the other ones are like this terrible shit.

I will get shot for saying this but the last good FF game was 6

Tried to start playing Final Fantasy XIII again.. does this game get any better the further you get into it? I'm at Fangs Eidolon and so far it's been incredibly monotonous. All style and no substance... and I can't listen to much more of this dialogue. It's awful even by FF standards.

My first FF game and I hate it. I don't know why this series is so popular if all the other ones are like this terrible shit.

FFVII was by far my favourite, and one of my favourite games. I've heard others say that IX was brilliant, but I've never played it. I've never played XIII either, but I heard it was pretty meh.

Seriously, who plays Halo anymore?

I never played Halo to begin with. Tried the first one a while back but never got into it. Seemed like a second-rate FPS game. Are the later ones better?

Can't go wrong with the next Halo game unless you absolutely disliked the other ones. Halo takes up 80% of my gaming time so if I kept going it'd sound biased. Halo 3's been out since 2007 and its still top 2 on Xbox Live so it has to be something.

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

I never played Halo to begin with. Tried the first one a while back but never got into it. Seemed like a second-rate FPS game. Are the later ones better?

This was more of me whining about it because it got more attention than me for the past several hours. :rofl-lol:

This was more of me whining about it because it got more attention than me for the past several hours. :rofl-lol:

My original post said "I agreed, but (insert rest of post here)". I wasn't sure if you were asking who played it or complaining, but I didn't wanna sound like a d-bag so I changed it. :P

GFX card is dead. Brilliant.

Now you know why Half-Life was crashing. Buy a GTX270 or something.

It was the best 8800 GTX Double OC - everyone was having the issue, hence why they patched it. One of the things that caused the crash was turning on your flashlight... wasn't just my card.

Going to buy a game today, any suggestions?

EDIT: probably should mention I have a 360. I was thinking of red dead redemption.

thats definitly what i'd reccomend. tommorrow i'm planning on buying a few "old" 360 games preowned, stuff like SC:double agent that i can get really cheap and still have fin

I think my next game purchase is gonna be Metroid: Other M, but there are so many cool games coming out around that time period that I'm not sure. I'm probably gonna strike Halo: Reach off my list since there are so many games that I know I want for sure to continue thinking about a game on the fence about. I have a smaller supply of money so the less games I keep on my list the better I'll feel. Think I'm cutting Halo: Reach, Civilization V (for now, I'll get it when it's dirt cheap a few months after it comes out), Medal of Honor, Call of Duty Black Ops off my list. That leaves my list looking like:

Metroid: Other M (August 31, 2010)

NHL 11 (September 7, 2010)

Fallout: New Vegas (October 19, 2010)

Donkey Kong Country Returns (November 1, 2010)

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (November 16, 2010)

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (November 16, 2010)

Dead Space 2 (January 25, 2011)

Bulletstorm (February 22, 2011)

Homefront (February 22, 2011)

Gears of War 3 (April 5, 2011)

Release Dates yet to be announced:

Batman: Arkham Asylum 2

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Crysis 2

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Epic Mickey

Kirby's Epic Yarn

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Pokemon Black and White

Portal 2

Rage

Rock Band 3

Sonic Adventure (XBLA)

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

But if Rock Band 3 ends up coming out on September 24th like I've heard, that makes that makes that area even tighter...

I think my next game purchase is gonna be Metroid: Other M, but there are so many cool games coming out around that time period that I'm not sure. I'm probably gonna strike Halo: Reach off my list since there are so many games that I know I want for sure to continue thinking about a game on the fence about. I have a smaller supply of money so the less games I keep on my list the better I'll feel. Think I'm cutting Halo: Reach, Civilization V (for now, I'll get it when it's dirt cheap a few months after it comes out), Medal of Honor, Call of Duty Black Ops off my list. That leaves my list looking like:

Metroid: Other M (August 31, 2010)

NHL 11 (September 7, 2010)

Fallout: New Vegas (October 19, 2010)

Donkey Kong Country Returns (November 1, 2010)

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (November 16, 2010)

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (November 16, 2010)

Dead Space 2 (January 25, 2011)

Bulletstorm (February 22, 2011)

Homefront (February 22, 2011)

Gears of War 3 (April 5, 2011)

Release Dates yet to be announced:

Batman: Arkham Asylum 2

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Crysis 2

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Epic Mickey

Kirby's Epic Yarn

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Pokemon Black and White

Portal 2

Rage

Rock Band 3

Sonic Adventure (XBLA)

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

But if Rock Band 3 ends up coming out on September 24th like I've heard, that makes that makes that area even tighter...

Yea, that looks like my list too.

Got a epic emergency air-drop.

Chopper, Harriers, Ac130, and a Precision Airstrike.

I have gotten the opposite once.

2 UAV's, Counter UAV and Resupply.

And LB no Halo: Reach?

This morning I got that but instead of a Ressupply it was Predator. I got my pave low before calling it in though.