VIDEOGAME Thread...

That's pretty incredible. The Rock Band Network is bangin' now, too. There's a member over at the rock band forums who is starting his own "authoring group" where they contact bands and get songs on the RBN, and he's gotten a few bigger names, too (at least big for someone just emailing their management or something). He hasn't gotten people like Springsteen or Pearl Jam or any "huge" names, but smaller yet well known names. Ministry, Sebastian Bach, Prong, Lynch Mob, Hinder, and KMFDM as examples.

Going to the Midnight Release for that. That game looks absolutely fantastic. Plus it's the Chinese Democracy of games.

That would be Duke Nukem Forever. -_-

Except that will never come out, and Starcraft/Chinese Democracy did.

Going to the Midnight Release for that. That game looks absolutely fantastic. Plus it's the Chinese Democracy of games.

:(

I know, i know, we all loved the original Duke Nukem.

Didn't people say that about 'Chinese Democracy' as well?

Didn't people say that about 'Chinese Democracy' as well?

Yes, but the company(3D Realms) has gone out of business. It's not coming out.

Apparently another studio is still working on it.

Problem is that by the time it comes out it will be so outdated gameplay wise it wont be good.

I am also annoyed with my Mac as I the one I have has a shitty graphics card and if I had waited another 6 months before getting mine it would have a good one and be able to play. So no Starcraft 2 for me :(

Edited by Tottenham Hotspur

Guest Nasty Nate

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not paying $169 to upgrade my Mac so I can play StarCraft II.

I'm seriously just considering keeping my Mac for work and stuff and buying an average rig for gaming at about £600 or something that way its the best of both worlds.

Won't do it for a while though but pissed I can't play it.

Why can't you play Nate?

Guest Nasty Nate

I'm seriously just considering keeping my Mac for work and stuff and buying an average rig for gaming at about £600 or something that way its the best of both worlds.

Why can't you play Nate?

I would have thought for sure that my MacBook would be suitable for playing StarCraft II, however it needs version 10.5 or higher (I have version 10.4.11. The difference between the two? I have no clue). So I thought to myself, "No big deal, I can just download a patch or something". But no, Apple wants me to purchase Snow Leopard which costs roughly $169 dollars.

Honestly, I just wanted the game to play until college started up. I don't want to be playing StarCraft II in my room all day as a Freshman in college. Everyone would think I'm the dweeb of the century. Plus, I wanted to save my money for food, just in case the food is shit, and a Nintendo 3DS.

I'm just unhappy. StarCraft had a special place in my heart. I played the original when I was in third or fifth grade.

Why can't you play Nate?

I would have thought for sure that my MacBook would be suitable for playing StarCraft II, however it needs version 10.5 or higher (I have version 10.4.11. The difference between the two? I have no clue). So I thought to myself, "No big deal, I can just download a patch or something". But no, Apple wants me to purchase Snow Leopard which costs roughly $169 dollars.

Honestly, I just wanted the game to play until college started up. I don't want to be playing StarCraft II in my room all day as a Freshman in college. Everyone would think I'm the dweeb of the century. Plus, I wanted to save my money for food, just in case the food is shit, and a Nintendo 3DS.

I'm just unhappy. StarCraft had a special place in my heart. I played the original when I was in third or fifth grade.

I'm not sure you would be able to play anyway. My Macbook is from 08 and has 10.5.8 but the graphics card in it is pants and cant managed it, if yours is older I am not sure it would be able to either. :shrugs:

I haven't preordered it but I definitely plan on getting it. What I really like about the game is that it seems to have more in line with Metroid Fusion type games (the original series, in other words). While the Prime games were incredible, it's nice to see a new game that's a bit different.

Only thing I dont like about Other M is in the first person sections you can't run. Its fixed targeting which after Prime seems a bit cheap.

I agree with that.

I haven't preordered it but I definitely plan on getting it. What I really like about the game is that it seems to have more in line with Metroid Fusion type games (the original series, in other words). While the Prime games were incredible, it's nice to see a new game that's a bit different.

The only thing I am worried about this game is cut corners. By that I mean visually and gameplay wise Retro Studios NEVER cut corners and always stayed with attention to detail. This one visually already looks like a step back from the primes and while the gameplay looks fun and great, im not sure how I can go on without scanning to find out the story.

The only thing I am worried about this game is cut corners. By that I mean visually and gameplay wise Retro Studios NEVER cut corners and always stayed with attention to detail. This one visually already looks like a step back from the primes and while the gameplay looks fun and great, im not sure how I can go on without scanning to find out the story.

No way. I think the visuals are absolutely fantastic. The developers are one of Nintendo's branches teamed up with Team Ninja. so I can't help but feel it's in good hands. They're taking a different approach to it compared to the Prime games, obviously, so it's gonna be different in quite a few aspects.

No way. I think the visuals are absolutely fantastic. The developers are one of Nintendo's branches teamed up with Team Ninja. so I can't help but feel it's in good hands. They're taking a different approach to it compared to the Prime games, obviously, so it's gonna be different in quite a few aspects.

Eh, art style wise i dont like it. But it looks good!

Anywho! Got Starcraft, a good 30 people in line. And surprisingly at least 10 or 12 all preordered the same thing while they were there......Zelda and Metroid.

Guest Nasty Nate

"So Starcraft2 comes out today. Undoubtably N Korea will use this opportunity to invade S Korea. They probably won't notice for a week or so."

Yeah this is bullshit. Fuck you Blizzard and your stupid "computer specifications". Your game isn't good enough for me to spend another four hundred dollars just to play it.