VIDEOGAME Thread...

I haven't preordered it but I definitely plan on getting it. What I really like about the game is that it seems to have more in line with Metroid Fusion type games (the original series, in other words). While the Prime games were incredible, it's nice to see a new game that's a bit different.

This, Super Metroid, Fusion and Zero Mission were my favourites of the saga and some of my favourite games ever, this looks far closer to them than the Prime games, which I felt had definitely run their course by the third, the first one was genius. I'm looking forward to a good third person Metroid game. Has anyone heard what became of the potential DS title named Metroid Dread? It sounded awesome, Metroid games are usually dark as fuck (SA-X was some properly scary shit) but this one in particular sounded like it was going to take tha darkness to a whole new level.

I haven't preordered it but I definitely plan on getting it. What I really like about the game is that it seems to have more in line with Metroid Fusion type games (the original series, in other words). While the Prime games were incredible, it's nice to see a new game that's a bit different.

This, Super Metroid, Fusion and Zero Mission were my favourites of the saga and some of my favourite games ever, this looks far closer to them than the Prime games, which I felt had definitely run their course by the third, the first one was genius. I'm looking forward to a good third person Metroid game. Has anyone heard what became of the potential DS title named Metroid Dread? It sounded awesome, Metroid games are usually dark as fuck (SA-X was some properly scary shit) but this one in particular sounded like it was going to take tha darkness to a whole new level.

In terms of the Prime games, 100% agree on it was great they ended when they did. All three in my opinion were genius, and each had something that made it special. But I don't think they could have replicated that genius again. Now on Other M, that looks extremely dark! I was honestly expecting something in terms of Zelda when they first unveiled it(epic simple story) but it really looks depressing. I hope the solitude is there because if it is, it looks perfect.

Is anyone else more excited for games like the new Mortal Kombat and Twisted Metal rather than stuff like Black Ops?

EDIT: Also, from everything I'm seeing, Warriors of Rock looks great.

I highly doubt it's going to be a letdown like Guitar Hero 5 was. I really can't wait for this one. A lot of great songs already. :thumbsup:

I just hope that they can start to get some better DLC for Guitar Hero.

Edited by Black Sabbath

It doesn't really seem to do anything new though for the genre.

Looks a bit of Brutal Legend meets GH but still the same with the 5 buttons.

RB3 with the real guitar adds more to the genre as a whole I would say.

Setlist on Warriors of Rock is so much better than GH5 though

The setlist is all I care about, and it looks great on WoR.

Rock Band gameplay has always sucked, in my opinion. I hate it. The only thing that would make me want to get RB3 would be the keyboard, which I might eventually consider.

Also, I kind of think that the Pro-mode or whatever for Rock Band is dumb. By that point, just pick up a real guitar and try to learn to play. I mean, plenty of people have and will say that now with the gameplay, but they are actually trying to make it real, which by then you should just pick up a real guitar.

I don't know. :shrugs:

Warrior of Rock's setlist is pretty bangin', but I think Rock Band 3's is bangin', too, so it's not a deal breaker for me. GH6 does look pretty good so far and probably the most impressive Neversoft-developed Guitar Hero game yet, but I've put some much money in DLC for Rock Band and I know all the songs from Rock Band 1 (barring the three that didn't originally import) and Rock Band 2 and LEGO Rock Band and any other Rock Band game I choose to buy (except Beatles) will be playable in Rock Band 3 which is a huge selling point. The library of music is just sooo large that it kinda defeats the need for another game. But yes, Guitar Hero 6 is looking good so far.

Rock Band gameplay has always sucked, in my opinion. I hate it. The only thing that would make me want to get RB3 would be the keyboard, which I might eventually consider.

Also, I kind of think that the Pro-mode or whatever for Rock Band is dumb. By that point, just pick up a real guitar and try to learn to play. I mean, plenty of people have and will say that now with the gameplay, but they are actually trying to make it real, which by then you should just pick up a real guitar.

The guitar in pro-mode is real though.

You can take it away from the game and plug it into an amp and it plays like a normal guitar. Heck you can plug it into a guitar while playing through the game.

It is the next natural progression for a music rhythm game is to help people actually learn to play.

Might just be me but that seems like the next logical step.

The guitar in pro-mode is real though.

You can take it away from the game and plug it into an amp and it plays like a normal guitar. Heck you can plug it into a guitar while playing through the game.

It is the next natural progression for a music rhythm game is to help people actually learn to play.

Might just be me but that seems like the next logical step.

I guess the thing that I don't like is that it all started out as a guitar/bass playing simulator-type game pretty much.

Now they're bringing in all of these new realistic things for it and it takes away from the "gaming" feel, if you know what I mean.

In the end though, to each their own. I know that I won't be doing the Pro thing at all. As I said, if I even get RB3, it'll be the Keyboard set.

My 60 gig model ps3 just died :( it fell about 2 feet to the floor and when i try to turn it on there is an orange light then it just blinks red. I had it since 2007 so its had a pretty good life. Red dead redemption is stuck in there though.

finished alan wake. pretty lame ending. the game was decent. just downloading the DLC episode now

wow i just came here to post the same thing. The ending was lame, the stuff leading up to it wasn't but ending was.

same here. hated the ending. i know it has all these different endings, but still didnt like it

I had no idea where to put this so I put this here and inside the Soundgarden thread in My World. But Apparently the new Soundgarden album will be bundled with Guitar Hero 6.

Long-time Soundgarden fans may want to pick up Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock this fall. Activision announced today the band's first album in over 10 years, Telephantasm, will be packed in with the first million launch units in North America.

Telephantasm will also be available exclusively with Warriors of Rock for one week, prior to the album's retail release on October 5. Activision also said the album tracks will be available for download to play in Warriors of Rock day and date with the launch of the game.

"We're extremely excited to be collaborating with Soundgarden on this monumental moment in their music career," said Tim Riley, Vice President of Music Affairs for Guitar Hero.

"Guitar Hero continues to break new ground by being the preeminent interactive platform for debuting original content and a stage for the biggest acts in all genres of rock and roll to reach new audiences in an all-new way."

link