VIDEOGAME Thread...

Shit name though.

I thought Batman: Ashes of Gotham would have been alot better.

Also not sure about the concept that there is a massive city like Arkham in Gotham City called Arkham City rather than the inmates running lose in Gotham and it being sealed off kind of like the Narrows in Batman Begins.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you guys talked about this already, I don't know. Anyone here play Backbreaker? I don't play video games much anymore, but I've always liked football games. I only just discovered this game, and god damn! It looks amazing. I've been watching this dude's videos on You Tube, I love this guys commitment! He's been hammering away at EA for like two years now. Anyways, fuck Madden and their exclusive license, forcing fans to buy a crap game if they want NFL teams. How embarrassing for EA that this company (505 Games) comes out of nowhere and in one game they've done football better than EA has in 20 years.

Backbreaker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bwhOUjAXM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7A8Z8L_O1o&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03I6-l1FKy8&feature=channel

Madden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P4BGTssews&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcSUgoQ1VBY&feature=related

Says it all.

Whoever has a powerful enough Nvidia-based graphic card ( GTX 280 or higher ) should do himself a favour and get a 3D vision kit...

The shit is expensive but I can assure you that even lame games become enjoyable ( provided they are not too bugged in 3D and provided that you can actually see 3d ).

New games need to come out now. I'm fucking bored. :(

I think the first new game I'll be getting is Dead Rising 2. Then Fallout: New Vegas, Warriors of Rock, Call of Duty: Black Ops,

Dead Rising 2*

Fallout: New Vegas*

Warriors of Rock

Call of Duty: Black Ops*

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Dead Space 2

Batman: Arkham Asylum 2*

LittleBigPlanet 2*

Pokemon White*

New Twisted Metal

New Mortal Kombat

Those are the only games that I can think of right now that I know I'll be getting. The ones with an asterisk are ones that I've mentally marked that I will be getting at either the Midnight Release or as soon as the door opens on Release Day.

Out of all of those I'm probably most excited for LBP2 and New Vegas. I just cannot wait. ^_^

Mass Effect 2 was just announced for PS3 at Gamescom.

Have to say I am pleased that PS3 fans get to experience it now.

There goes another Microsoft exclusive.

Mass Effect 2 was never a MS exclusive though, first one was published by MS which is why it hasn't been announced for PS3 YET but it probably will.

Mass Effect 2 was always going to come out eventually as it was published b EA

My interest in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has waned. The first one was great, but the second one ended in such a stupid way. Even then, it wasn't quite as good as the first one, even though they added so much stuff. I didn't like Ezio nearly as much as Altair, either.

My interest in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has waned. The first one was great, but the second one ended in such a stupid way. Even then, it wasn't quite as good as the first one, even though they added so much stuff. I didn't like Ezio nearly as much as Altair, either.

Really? I thought the second one was vastly better than the first. :shrugs:

Mass Effect 2 was just announced for PS3 at Gamescom.

Have to say I am pleased that PS3 fans get to experience it now.

There goes another Microsoft exclusive.

Mass Effect 2 was never a MS exclusive though, first one was published by MS which is why it hasn't been announced for PS3 YET but it probably will.

Mass Effect 2 was always going to come out eventually as it was published b EA

By Microsoft exclusive I dont mean published by Microsoft, I meant a game exclusive to only PC and 360.

I couldn't get into it. The storyline was ridiculous and downright cheesy towards the second half. Gameplay was fine.

I couldn't get into it. The storyline was ridiculous and downright cheesy towards the second half. Gameplay was fine.

I could agree with the story, but the gameplay really pushed it over the edge for me. That game was much better than the first.

The thing I don't get with Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 is that is can only be the second game. Microsoft published and own the rights to the first game so the likelyhood of that ever being released on the PS3 is very slim and as the story for the games is more like one big overriding one it would be like watching Empire and Jedi without seeing A New Hope.

I think it is for the best though, the more people that get to experience the game the better as its awesome.

I also think it is a good thing for MS, they have spent far too long resting on their laurels and relying on franchises before losing them (KOTOR, ME, Splinter Cell, Bioshock to name but a few) so maybe this will cause them to get strong first party support like Sony has as I personally could see the 360 dying over the next year due to not that great a selection of games on Kinect and with Halo, Gears and Fable being the only AAA exclusives and the chances are Gears will eventually go multiplatform too.

The thing I don't get with Mass Effect 2 on the PS3 is that is can only be the second game. Microsoft published and own the rights to the first game so the likelyhood of that ever being released on the PS3 is very slim and as the story for the games is more like one big overriding one it would be like watching Empire and Jedi without seeing A New Hope.

I think it is for the best though, the more people that get to experience the game the better as its awesome.

I also think it is a good thing for MS, they have spent far too long resting on their laurels and relying on franchises before losing them (KOTOR, ME, Splinter Cell, Bioshock to name but a few) so maybe this will cause them to get strong first party support like Sony has as I personally could see the 360 dying over the next year due to not that great a selection of games on Kinect and with Halo, Gears and Fable being the only AAA exclusives and the chances are Gears will eventually go multiplatform too.

In terms of exclusives, they were first a few years ago. Now they are third, and it's pretty sad.

anyone looking forward to the new F1 2010? It looks sweet

Damn right, but I fear Codemasters will let us down with a very arcade feel. Im not wanting Gran Turismo style racing because that isn't realistic either, just I don't want the type of car you drive in the TOCA series.

Also going to get the new FIFA game, I haven't bought one in 5 years now.

anyone looking forward to the new F1 2010? It looks sweet

Damn right, but I fear Codemasters will let us down with a very arcade feel. Im not wanting Gran Turismo style racing because that isn't realistic either, just I don't want the type of car you drive in the TOCA series.

Also going to get the new FIFA game, I haven't bought one in 5 years now.

I think in the new F1 game the should do what Turn 10 did with Forza 3. In that you can customise your driver aids such as traction control, antilock brakes, braking and automatic gear changes from being fully computer control or in your hands and all variations which is good as it lets people of all skill levels play.