VIDEOGAME Thread...

Guest Jack_the_ripper

assasin's creed can't count, its not a console exclusive.

And mass effect was the game I was talking about.

360 has some absolutely fucking amazing games coming out this Christmas and next year rock3

Bully: Scholarship Edition

Naruto: Rise Of A Ninja

The Simpsons

Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Mass Effect

Fable 2

Turok

Assassin's Creed

Army Of Two

Devil May Cry 4

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Need For Speed: Pro Street

WWE SmackDown Versus Raw 2008

Burnout Paradise

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Condemned 2: Bloodshot

Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty

Universe At War: Earth Assault

Grand Theft Auto IV

Ninja Gaiden II

Timeshift

Conan

Mafia 2

Alone In The Dark

Fallout 3

Guitar Hero III

Rock Band

Mercenaries 2

The Last Remnant

Dead Space

The Club

Silent Hill V

Tom Clancy's Air Combat

Resident Evil 5

Left 4 Dead

Eternal Sonata

Lost Odyssey

Now come on, that's one fucking impressive list rock4

considering most of those aren't exclusives, and more so, most of those will suck ass... I stay unimpressed. 3 titles in that whole thing worth playing:

Eternal Sonata

Lost Odyssey

and that other game by bioware that I always forget the title for.

You can't know they'll suck until you play them.

come on, naruto? you know that'll suck on its own. You can tell just by looking at the developement of the game if a game should be good or bad.

come on, naruto? you know that'll suck on its own. You can tell just by looking at the developement of the game if a game should be good or bad.

Oi, I thought Naruto was fun, although i didn't play it long. It even got an 8.5 or something rating at IGN. Don't judge a book by its cover (or developer). Ubisoft has a real shitty reputation, yet it's actually coming out with better and better games; Just because a developer has made mistakes in the past doesn't mean they can't have good games now.

Oi, I thought Naruto was fun, although i didn't play it long. It even got an 8.5 or something rating at IGN. Don't judge a book by its cover (or developer). Ubisoft has a real shitty reputation, yet it's actually coming out with better and better games; Just because a developer has made mistakes in the past doesn't mean they can't have good games now.

for jack it does, becouse he only look at developers instead of the games. He is so tech that he just have to look at who developes the game. Although that is usually a good thing to do, that system isn't bullet proof.

I will not talk much about natruto, since I don't give a flying fuck about that game. But ubisoft has produced some rather entertaining games. Although I don't belive Assasins Creed will live up to the hype, I belive it will be a good solid game with some intresting gameplay mechanics. Especially if they fix the climbing mechanics. Now it's just you hold a button and the caracter does the rest. Sounds kinda boring to me.

As far as developer team goes. I always liked noughty dog, they have made good titles since Crash 2 (first one didn't quite do it for me) Insomniac games is another great company that delivers top notch entertainment. (wich game still is)

Guest Jack_the_ripper

ubisoft has done some pretty grand games in the past... but I hate anime, therefore naruto is completely unworthy of a game.

and it's more then just a developer aspect... I look at who is in charge of the head of developement (like the director of the game.) see games are more like movies then you think, since you eventually come to love a certain director and play most of his games.

Jack, man when did you start taking videogaming so seriously? If a game's good, fine, if it isn't fine. No need to tell the world how you'd personally edit each level and everything.

It's meant to be fun, but from reading your posts it seems like you take playing most video games as a chore.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

fun is the price of entry my friend. I want it to move me, to be amazing. do You just go see some meh ok films, or would you rather see a fantastic flick.

Would you choose to watch the godfather, or watch catwoman.

fun is the price of entry my friend. I want it to move me, to be amazing. do You just go see some meh ok films, or would you rather see a fantastic flick.

Would you choose to watch the godfather, or watch catwoman.

Surely though you can't apply the "why have burger, when you can have steak" option to everything, not everything will be brilliant.

He's such a dull elitist cunt. I don't know why anyone bothers with his opinions on games.

Has anyone done the advance levels on Portal yet? I'm fucking loving them. This has got to be game of the year. I mean Mario Galaxy is the only game with the slightest chance of taking that title at such a late point in the year and even as the biggest Ninty fanboy I'm dubious. I'm going for all the Portal achievements but I can't see myself doing a lot of the challenges (the steps and timed ones mainly)

I'm also trying to get the final achievement on Episode 2 for not letting the Striders destroy any buildings during that certain battle. Very challenging. I don't want to turn the difficulty down to easy as I'd feel like that's cheating.

I need to finish Phantom Hourglass soon too but the Temple of the Ocean King is really doing my head in. It's such stupid game design. Far too easy too. I am enjoying it because it's Zelda and I love Zelda more than anything but the flaws are blaringly obvious.

Twilight Princess is amazing.

Not quite up to Ocarina/LttP standards but still. Experiencing the Wii on launch day with that game was just glorious. The only thing I disliked was the fact it looked kinda rough in places. The art style was gorgeous but with a game like Zelda, especially when it's gone back to the realistic look, you do think how much better it could look in HD. Then again Resi 4 Wii edition still looked utterly amazing so I think a Zelda game built from the ground up for the Wii can look awesome.

Edit: Yes, Orange Box is awesome. I'm a big Half-Life fan so just Episode 2 and Portal was enough to convince me, but TF2 is pretty good fun online too. For that price and the quality of games you'd be a fool to miss out.

Portal is literally in my top 10 games of all time already. The imagination, humour and fantastic game design in that game is just...mind blowing. It makes most other games seem so soulless.

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

Twilight Princess is amazing.

Not quite up to Ocarina/LttP standards but still. Experiencing the Wii on launch day with that game was just glorious. The only thing I disliked was the fact it looked kinda rough in places. The art style was gorgeous but with a game like Zelda, especially when it's gone back to the realistic look, you do think how much better it could look in HD. Then again Resi 4 Wii edition still looked utterly amazing so I think a Zelda game built from the ground up for the Wii can look awesome.

Edit: Yes, Orange Box is awesome. I'm a big Half-Life fan so just Episode 2 and Portal was enough to convince me, but TF2 is pretty good fun online too. For that price and the quality of games you'd be a fool to miss out.

Portal is literally in my top 10 games of all time already. The imagination, humour and fantastic game design in that game is just...mind blowing. It makes most other games seem so soulless.

Well I'm sold, Orange Box here I come.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
He's such a dull elitist cunt. I don't know why anyone bothers with his opinions on games.

Has anyone done the advance levels on Portal yet? I'm fucking loving them. This has got to be game of the year. I mean Mario Galaxy is the only game with the slightest chance of taking that title at such a late point in the year and even as the biggest Ninty fanboy I'm dubious. I'm going for all the Portal achievements but I can't see myself doing a lot of the challenges (the steps and timed ones mainly)

I'm also trying to get the final achievement on Episode 2 for not letting the Striders destroy any buildings during that certain battle. Very challenging. I don't want to turn the difficulty down to easy as I'd feel like that's cheating.

I need to finish Phantom Hourglass soon too but the Temple of the Ocean King is really doing my head in. It's such stupid game design. Far too easy too. I am enjoying it because it's Zelda and I love Zelda more than anything but the flaws are blaringly obvious.

aww your such a cutie.

third man, nope, not a huge zelda fan myself.

Speaking of Zelda, I absolutely hated the Twilight Princess, I spent about 10 hours trying to get into that game and the storyline just became more and more dull.

Yeah, I wasn't as big a fan of it myself. I actually liked Ocarina of Time and even Majoras Mask more than TP. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, I just think the feeling I got with playing Zelda dissipated as I grew older.

The Orange Box does look awesome and great value, just too bad I don't have a 360. :( I've always wanted to play Half Life 2 to see what the big hype was about.

Speaking of Zelda, I absolutely hated the Twilight Princess, I spent about 10 hours trying to get into that game and the storyline just became more and more dull.

Yeah, I wasn't as big a fan of it myself. I actually liked Ocarina of Time and even Majoras Mask more than TP. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, I just think the feeling I got with playing Zelda dissipated as I grew older.

The Orange Box does look awesome and great value, just too bad I don't have a 360. :( I've always wanted to play Half Life 2 to see what the big hype was about.

get orange box on computer then :)

and i loved twlight princess to be honest, prefer ocarina of time and majoras mask but then again i love majoras mask...

one of my friends needs a slap he claims Wind Waker is the best Zelda game and OOT is crap...

November 20, 2007 History Channel: Battle For the Pacific

:o You're right! With awesome games like this, the PS3 sure as hell can't go wrong. :rolleyes: Honestly, I bet you don't even know most of the games, yet you're calling them great.

i didn't say all of them were great, just that great games were coming, and then i listed the release dates of ps3 games coming in november ;)

and that game could be good, maybe i'm interested in history

great games coming include Haze, Ratchet and Clank, UT3(if its not delayed), call of duty 4, half life: orange box, assasins creed, kane and lynch, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. those are the ones i'm sure will be great. enough great games for you?

November 20, 2007 History Channel: Battle For the Pacific

:o You're right! With awesome games like this, the PS3 sure as hell can't go wrong. :rolleyes: Honestly, I bet you don't even know most of the games, yet you're calling them great.

i didn't say all of them were great, just that great games were coming, and then i listed the release dates of ps3 games coming in november ;)

and that game could be good, maybe i'm interested in history

great games coming include Haze, Ratchet and Clank, UT3(if its not delayed), call of duty 4, half life: orange box, assasins creed, kane and lynch, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. those are the ones i'm sure will be great. enough great games for you?

problem is half of those great games are on the 360...

the PS3 is really suffering due to lack of must have exclusives

but the ones that are exclusives are killer! just research them.

and they're far from suffering due to lack of exclusives, this link shows that the ps3 has about 1 million more consoles than the 360 this year, remember that it wasn't released in europe until febuarary and was in limited suply in the US and Japan until feburary too. and it was alot more expensive. with the price cut, their sales will only get higher. i don't want ANOTHER console war argument :rolleyes: and i'm not going to bother conparing the consoles again. but you should know the facts before saying the ps3 is suffering (and it has alot of exclusives if you actually look)

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11202

PS2 still kicking ass too :xmasssanta:

but the ones that are exclusives are killer! just research them.

and they're far from suffering due to lack of exclusives, this link shows that the ps3 has about 1 million more consoles than the 360 this year, remember that it wasn't released in europe until febuarary and was in limited suply in the US and Japan until feburary too. and it was alot more expensive. with the price cut, their sales will only get higher. i don't want ANOTHER console war argument :rolleyes: and i'm not going to bother conparing the consoles again. but you should know the facts before saying the ps3 is suffering (and it has alot of exclusives if you actually look)

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11202

PS2 still kicking ass too :xmasssanta:

okay it has quite a few exclusives i was just saying out of the games you point out (call of duty 4, half life: orange box, assasins creed, kane and lynch) are all on the 360 as well...

i dont want to get into a console war argument either and i understand people have different tastes and opinions and i prefer the 360 but thats not to say i wont get a PS3 in the future when a game comes out that i really want (MGS4) and i dont care what people are speculating as to whether this will come out on 360. It won't and it will be one of the best PS3 games around...

I'll also be first to admit that Resistance: Fall of Man does look good but ive heard mixed things from my friends that have it and the same for Heavenly Sword but i will have to play them both at some point...

Finally its good to see that Next-Gen consoles are getting decent platformers. The only good one i could think of apart from Ratchet was Kameo and while its a good game it has its flaws as well.

The PS3 is a strong piece or hardware and it will do very well i just dont think it will win by as big a margin as in the last two generations of consoles. Your thoughts?

Guest Jack_the_ripper

ps2 is the thing currently saving SCE corp. from completely falling apart.

Several stock market analysts said if they can't sell 3 times as much ps3s in the next year, then SCE might be filing for bankruptcy.

I think everyone just gets caught up in the legacy of Ocarina because it was so earth shatteringly fantastic.

Like Appetite for Destruction, no on's prepared to belive GnR could put out an album to match that ever again, and therefore would not give anything else a chance.

So It is with Twilight Princess. But I can say no game has captivated me quite like TP and I've played through Ocarina many times.

It just had everything Ocarina had and more, every second of it was a joy, the relationship between Link and Midna was the closest to romance a Zelda game's ever had, there was a genuine sense of urgency to save hyrule. The setting was familiar and yet new, old locations but with new details, finding the old town of kakariko was a thrilling moment but it didn't get any more spine tingling than re-entering the temple of time and discovering there was so much more to it than in Ocarina.

The fact that I was willing just to stand in the desert and watch the sun go down was a tribute to what a work of art that game was

if you haven't played Ocarina then you obviously won't get the full benefit of moments like these but TP in my own opinion is the best video game ever created. Ever.

I think everyone just gets caught up in the legacy of Ocarina because it was so earth shatteringly fantastic.

Like Appetite for Destruction, no on's prepared to belive GnR could put out an album to match that ever again, and therefore would not give anything else a chance.

So It is with Twilight Princess. But I can say no game has captivated me quite like TP and I've played through Ocarina many times.

It just had everything Ocarina had and more, every second of it was a joy, the relationship between Link and Midna was the closest to romance a Zelda game's ever had, there was a genuine sense of urgency to save hyrule. The setting was familiar and yet new, old locations but with new details, finding the old town of kakariko was a thrilling moment but it didn't get any more spine tingling than re-entering the temple of time and discovering there was so much more to it than in Ocarina.

The fact that I was willing just to stand in the desert and watch the sun go down was a tribute to what a work of art that game was

if you haven't played Ocarina then you obviously won't get the full benefit of moments like these but TP in my own opinion is the best video game ever created. Ever.

i agree with what you said mostly but i think that as Ocarina was such a big step up from LttP i prefered it...

TP was amazing and one of the best games i have played but it just didnt have that elusive thing which would make me love it and i think that was innovation. This is probably coz i played the GC version and not the Wii however i have also found from my friends they ones who played TP before Ocarina prefered TP and vice versa...

Guest Jack_the_ripper

honestly, I enjoyed link to the past so much better then ocarina. I haven't dug the 3d zeldas too much.

and Ecco, I got to play it for 5 mins (at my eb there is temporarily a 5 minute limit, since there is literally a line up of people waiting to play it.) adn from what I played.. its really tight. it's hands down 1 of the best mario games I've played. (that coming from only 5 mins of gameplay... for all I know I possibly played the best 5 mins, and the rest of the game is shit.)

Edited by Jack_the_ripper