VIDEOGAME Thread...

less than a week before F1:2010, and it has been getting some good reviews, looking forward to it

I can't wait :D

the night mode looks fucking awesome, as does the rain :)

Apparently the damage is similar to how it's always been though... that's a bit disappointing. Everything else looks top notch though :)

'Amnesia: The Dark Descent' is the scariest shit I've ever played. Do yourself a favour, support this indie developer and buy it.

http://www.amnesiagame.com

Literally NOTHING scared me like this in quite along time. No movie, no video game, no book, nothing.

I played it, and it was pretty decent! I've played scarier games though, but the gameplay reminds me of Metroid Prime.

on second thought, halo reach was disappointing. fun for a day though

halo 3 was better

Storywise yes, general gameplay and multiplayer, Reach isbetter.

multiplayer is what i was talking about

it just isn't as competitive (or fun) as halo 3 and the maps are fucking awful

the only thing about reach that's better than halo 3 is forge.

I agree, and it's a shame too. I do not think reach will have the same longevity that Halo 3 had.

Not a chance in hell. As of 2010 (at least before Reach came out) we still had upwards of 100,000 people playing Halo 3 every day. Do you think that'll be true with Reach in 2013?

Fuck no.

'Amnesia: The Dark Descent' is the scariest shit I've ever played. Do yourself a favour, support this indie developer and buy it.

Literally NOTHING scared me like this in quite along time. No movie, no video game, no book, nothing.

I played it, and it was pretty decent! I've played scarier games though, but the gameplay reminds me of Metroid Prime.

Really? What games were scarier for you then? I know that people are scared by different things, but I think I really played every scary game there is, and nothing ever came close for me. I don't know WHAT it is exactly that's so unsettling for me about this game though. :P

Edited by st0n3r

Really? What games were scarier for you then? I know that people are scared by different things, but I think I really played every scary game there is, and nothing ever came close for me. I don't know WHAT it is exactly that's so unsettling for me about this game though. :P

God, when Half life 2 came around with Ravenholm, that scared me to death.

Really? Ravenholm felt like a cakewalk for me compared to this game. :blink: The only thing that scared me there (a bit) was the 'Poison headcrab zombie', and especially the sounds of agony that came out of it. :rofl-lol:

Really? Ravenholm felt like a cakewalk for me compared to this game. :blink: The only thing that scared me there (a bit) was the 'Poison headcrab zombie', and especially the sounds of agony that came out of it. :rofl-lol:

Well it could be that I played Amnesia at 3PM and I got to Ravenholm at 2Am....

Well it could be that I played Amnesia at 3PM and I got to Ravenholm at 2Am....

Yeah, quite the difference. Play Amnesia at night, with headphones on and no other lightsources in the room. :)

Edited by st0n3r

Yes.

Loved everything from Populous, to Powermonger, to Theme Park, to Syndicate to Black & White.

Then, he started to develop for the Xbox...

I really like both Xboxes though, but Fable 2, I don't think I've ever played a more "casualized" game from him. While the art was absolutely gorgeous, most design decisions were clearly aiming at pleasing the larger crowd and made no sense whatsoever.

That and the fact that he said that his game deserved at least a 90 out of 100 or something...

Wish he would focus more on making the best game ever than the most popular game ever. :shrugs:

Yes.

Loved everything from Populous, to Powermonger, to Theme Park, to Syndicate to Black & White.

Then, he started to develop for the Xbox...

I really like both Xboxes though, but Fable 2, I don't think I've ever played a more "casualized" game from him. While the art was absolutely gorgeous, most design decisions were clearly aiming at pleasing the larger crowd and made no sense whatsoever.

That and the fact that he said that his game deserved at least a 90 out of 100 or something...

Wish he would focus more on making the best game ever than the most popular game ever. :shrugs:

What makes it worse is that he seems to be continuing his streak of good but not excellent games. I remember the Black and White days, they weren't overly popular then and yet every game he touched was excellent. Now he overhyped every game he makes by calling all of them "one of the best games ever". He's been doing it since Black and White 2(and please make Black and White 3 already) and hasn't stopped.

I think he just needs to get his creative mind back since he hasnt made a really revolutionary game since Populous.

Loving F1 2010 at the minute, despite some pit lane antics that have royally screwed me.

I've been having the same problems, fuck Lotus and their pit crew, 14 seconds to change tyres?!

I'm with Virgin, sometimes the lollipop man keeps you for an absolute enternity, though I assume it's only an issue in the 20/30% races were everyone is pitting at roughly the same time. I found the middle section of career a bit too easy actually, and I'm not sure if it was the difficulty or I'm just good at those tracks. I'm on race 13 and I've won 7 I think, playing on Professional. I think I'll move up to Expert next season.