VIDEOGAME Thread...

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

You've been able to use the Guitar Hero drums in Rock Band in the past, and as far as I know that hasn't changed. Are you sure about that?

When we tried it wouldn't work. The drum set for rockband has four parts not five like on guitar hero.

ps3.jpg

Stop being naive, everyone.

It's way too late to get one. This generation is just about done.

Probably about 2 years till we get some new hardware, so why would it be done? Only I could expect to launch new hardware before 2012 would be microsoft, if they want the first release for the next generation.

That beeing said, I'm looking forward to some new hardware :)

The last three big releases (Halo Reach, Fallout New Vegas, Fable 3) for the Xbox 360 all have insane performance issues for a game that costs $60. It's really ridiculous, and I know it's not just me because it plagues reviewers' opinions on the game too. All of my friends suffer the same framerate lag while playing Reach and Fable 3 (not sure about Fallout but I hear it's extremely glitchy and crashes too often). What gives? Seriously, if you're gonna make a big, great game, make sure it actually works.

Edited by ItsSuchACrimeUKnowItsJAKE

The last three big releases (Halo Reach, Fallout New Vegas, Fable 3) for the Xbox 360 all have insane performance issues for a game that costs $60. It's really ridiculous, and I know it's not just me because it plagues reviewers' opinions on the game too. All of my friends suffer the same framerate lag while playing Reach and Fable 3 (not sure about Fallout but I hear it's extremely glitchy and crashes too often). What gives? Seriously, if you're gonna make a big, great game, make sure it actually works.

The Reach problems are mainly disc based rather than game based. I have never had a problem with the game atall but several people have and this is due to problems with disc manufacture rather than coding problems. But yeah it does suck.

Hey CDlove why doesnt apple make a console??

They have before, the Pippin if you remember it. It wasnt cutting edge and affordable so it failed. Apple does take gaming seriously however, the iPod touch in itself is an excellent gaming devise with the cheap and great gaming options it has. Plus now we have the Game Center. In a way, we do have a gaming "console".

No first party game developer, has little 3rd party support.

+ people don't want to pay $1200 for a console <_<

If anything, Apple has some of the best 3rd party support ever. Much better than the Ds or the Psp. And even competes with the major consoles.

If anything, Apple has some of the best 3rd party support ever. Much better than the Ds or the Psp. And even competes with the major consoles.

Well if you look at all the small game developers that develope small games for iphone and ipod touch, apple has alot of partners. But there isn't many big games that are developed for Mac. If my memory serves me correctly they got valve to release steam and most of the half-life products on Mac, and that is a great step forward.

As for the ipod touch, it is a great handheld console, there is no denying that. It directly competes with the DS becouse of the small games and easy to use touch screen. But I wouldn't compare it to PSP when it comes to games, because PSP has full length games that has complex controle scheme and can be compared to TV-consoles. Sadly it doesn't sell well because of the piracy issues.

Looking forward to PSP2. Excited about what hardware it will have. The rumors are that it's going to have a small version of the cell prosessor (like a mobile version) with 3 cores. If that is correct and they have gotten the power supply down, that could very well be a very good handheld machine. When it comes to interfaces I hope they have a touch screen on the back of the device and not as the main screen, as on the ipod. Well, I would like a front touch screen to, for internet browsing and meny navigation, but for games it just doesn't work that well. It works good on simple games where you don't need much presicion controle. But on games where you shoot at something and need to see what's under your finger, there is a issue.

Back to Apples software support. Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft all have internal game developers, and most of the best titles on all platforms comes from these developers. Is Apple starting a gaming devision with an internal development crew?