VIDEOGAME Thread...

i was just watching a video of COD4 beta and have decided i don't want this game, unless it has a long and kickass single player(which i doubt). but the online looks like the same old stuff, alot like rainbow six

COD with a long Single Player is like saying Thomas Meadow has had sex with Pamela Anderson or Carmen Electra or Eva Longoria or Jessica Simpson. Its not going to happen just like hell isnt going to freeze over.

i was just watching a video of COD4 beta and have decided i don't want this game, unless it has a long and kickass single player(which i doubt). but the online looks like the same old stuff, alot like rainbow six

COD with a long Single Player is like saying Thomas Meadow has had sex with Pamela Anderson or Carmen Electra or Eva Longoria or Jessica Simpson. Its not going to happen just like hell isnt going to freeze over.

yeah unfortuneatly :( i hate the shortness of games nowadays, they cost enough!

is hlaf life orange box long? i want value for my money

It's five games so I'm guessing fuck yeah rock3

ubisoft has done some pretty grand games in the past... but I hate anime, therefore naruto is completely unworthy of a game.

and it's more then just a developer aspect... I look at who is in charge of the head of developement (like the director of the game.) see games are more like movies then you think, since you eventually come to love a certain director and play most of his games.

Games shouldn't try to be films. They should be games.

@ Jack the Ripper: I really can't see Sony Corp. letting their games division die. Restructure maybe, bankruptcy no.

Edited by ADPT

ubisoft has done some pretty grand games in the past... but I hate anime, therefore naruto is completely unworthy of a game.

and it's more then just a developer aspect... I look at who is in charge of the head of developement (like the director of the game.) see games are more like movies then you think, since you eventually come to love a certain director and play most of his games.

Games shouldn't try to be films. They should be games.

@ Jack the Ripper: I really can't see Sony Corp. letting their games division die. Restructure maybe, bankruptcy no.

MGS:snake eater came pretty close to being a film.

i agree about Sony not filing for bankruptcy, their product is just taking off, and they're not stupid, they won't just sit back and watch it die. also they're selling lots of games, and they make more money from games than the console

halflife 2 is about 7 hours...

episode 1 is about 4 hours...

episode 2 is about 5 hours...

portal 3 hours...

team fortress however long till you get bored...

portal 3 hours...

If you run trough the game like on the easiest setting for the 70 time.

Here is a more accurate estimate:

HL2 = 13-15 hours gameplay

ep1 = 6-8 hours

Ep2= 7-9 hours

Portal= 3 hours

TF2 = Endless

It's not only a good value becouse of the share gameplay hours. But the quality is unlike anything ells out there. There is a reason why Half Life is one of the biggest franchises in the industry.

meh, quality over quantity. I'd rather have a shorter awesome game, then a bunch of mediocre game packaged in 1.

If you don't think Half life 2 is quality. You have nothing to say about games ever again. You may not like it, but it's still quality gameplay.

portal 3 hours...

If you run trough the game like on the easiest setting for the 70 time.

Here is a more accurate estimate:

HL2 = 13-15 hours gameplay

ep1 = 6-8 hours

Ep2= 7-9 hours

Portal= 3 hours

TF2 = Endless

It's not only a good value becouse of the share gameplay hours. But the quality is unlike anything ells out there. There is a reason why Half Life is one of the biggest franchises in the industry.

i did it on normal and it was the first time i played through it for the first time ever

Guest Jack_the_ripper
meh, quality over quantity. I'd rather have a shorter awesome game, then a bunch of mediocre game packaged in 1.

You just don't like anything anyone else likes, do you?

It has nothing to do with people liking it or not. People just so happen to be douche's and buy into dumb shit like this.

You just don't like anything anyone else likes, do you?

It has nothing to do with people liking it or not. People just so happen to be douche's and buy into dumb shit like this.

Oh go play Wii Sports.

Speaking of Sports - does anyone have Madden 08?

The only games games i want are

XBOX360

WWE SvR 2008

Assassians Creed

Kane and Lynch

Mercienaries 2

Rock Band and GH3 MAYBE

Nintendo DS

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

And if I manage to get a WII

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Red Steel

Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

But from this list I will probably only get

WWE

Kane and Lynch

and Mercenariea and GTA IV when they come out

I am for sure getting Assassians Creed and Legend of Zelda and all of those games if i manage to save up for a WII

Guest Jack_the_ripper

far from being a fanboy friend. I'm just a meticulous critic. I still play some shit games, but if I don't enjoy it, I'm gonna outright say it. People here seem to think though that what is their opinion is the shit, I'm just stating mine, and I get bashed for it, but I don't give a shit in all honesty. It's almost satirical.

Can I just say right now that Jack does not represent us Ninty fanboys fairly. ;)

I just completed HL2: Ep1 in 2hrs 40 for the achievement where you have to play the whole game firing only one bullet. Considering how many times I played through the game I didn't struggle too much, but damn it was fun.

Hehe, good job bro. Waiting for a new GFX card so I can load up Ep 1 + 2 and play through solidly in the summer B)

Ah right you're getting Orange Box. Cool. I thought you might be buying them seperately on Steam.

Hell no.

I'm too busy playing CSS and working to do anything else though.

I really want Madden 08 though.

Madden 08 KICKS ass. I swear. Its one of my favorite games ever. Play as the Patriots and you will never go wrong.