VIDEOGAME Thread...

The new Star Wars Force Unleashed was great. Too short, but other than that, it was great. only took four hours to run through it.

I really liked the demo so I might buy it when it gets abit cheaper. Liked the first one to.

I'll pick up Black Ops tomorrow.......Really, i'm just on an FPS overload since I played Reach, Goldeneye, and now this.

Goldeneye the only Wii game I'll purchase this year. Reviews have been strong--how would you rate it?

Will be leaving about 12:30am to hit Gamestop for Black Ops tonight. Can't freakin' wait though still heavy into Reach...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

It does the original justice. I had the nostalgia feeling playing split screen.

The single player is very good and multiplayer, while not as strong as the HD consoles, is probably the best for Wii.

I'd give it a good 8.6,8.7.

But how is Goldeneye your only Wii purchase when Mario, Metroid, Kirby, and Donkey kong are all either out or coming out?

Edited by Cdlove

I'm getting Black Ops at the midnight release tonight and I'll be taking off school tomorrow. Fuck yar.

I'm getting the hardened edition if you need the zombie map-packs.

Eh? How would we go about that?

Well, I didn't get the Hardened Edition because they only had 360 copies left at Futureshop while I froze my ass off in line.

But, when it says new user you go click existing account enter in my info and you have a list of my downloads. So say I have the map-pack's and you're broke you can download them and they'll be on your Hardrive.

You'd go into the Store on my account and press "View Downloads"

I'm getting Black Ops at the midnight release tonight and I'll be taking off school tomorrow. Fuck yar.

I'm getting the hardened edition if you need the zombie map-packs.

Eh? How would we go about that?

Well, I didn't get the Hardened Edition because they only had 360 copies left at Futureshop while I froze my ass off in line.

But, when it says new user you go click existing account enter in my info and you have a list of my downloads. So say I have the map-pack's and you're broke you can download them and they'll be on your Hardrive.

You'd go into the Store on my account and press "View Downloads"

I figured that's the method you meant, but I was just making sure.

The single player is very good and multiplayer, while not as strong as the HD consoles, is probably the best for Wii.

But how is Goldeneye your only Wii purchase when Mario, Metroid, Kirby, and Donkey kong are all either out or coming out?

Cool to hear on Goldeneye.

A buddy did give me SMG2, so played that. REALLY wanted Other M, but didn't get at release and now more ambivalent about it. As much as I've dug all the Metroid games, always get stuck fairly early on. :xmassrudolph: Kirby sounds awesome(same developer did Wario Land Shake It which was big fav) , but may just rent since no real replayability. Never been a huge DK guy, but advance buzz so strong may have to do it.

Been in a big PS3 and 360 shooter rut for the last year with Nazi Zombies still getting a huge chunk of playing time. Will only continue with BO now...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Please tell me they haven't bastardised it with double analogue control? *prays* It has destroyed the entire FPS genre for me...

Please tell me they haven't bastardised it with double analogue control? *prays* It has destroyed the entire FPS genre for me...

It allows for both the Classic Controller support(dual analogue) and the remote and Nunchuck controls. I personally like the Remote and nunchuck controls a lot better.

Might just be getting a free review copy of Black Ops

Damn, the review copy was PS3 >.<

I've got a PS3 also but the xbox pad is just soooooo much better for shooters. Can't stand the Dualshock.

i think both controllers are good for shooters, the xbox controller is quite a bit heavier than the ps3 one BUT the ps3 one is made from such cheap materials that mine keep breaking! this first one kept squeeking very loudly and the left analouge kept sticking. now on my current one the analouges stick or move on their own, which sucks when being a sniper in MAG