VIDEOGAME Thread...

Yeah, I just thought that regardless, 8 hours is pretty sure. Heck, in my opinion, 13 is still kind of short. :tongue2:

I think would say there is two types of games. The fast and storydriven games that mimic what we would see in a summer blockbuster, and the grindfest that often is or have a heavy RGP element to it, the type of game that can swollow 40-100 hours if you let it.

I think Batman is better in the first category, a good and structured campaign that takes you for a ride that you want to play again and again.

I just finished Infamous (2009) on Hard, and that is after I beat it on good and bad after it came out. The game is not the longest (if you don't do side missions, find shards etc) But it's a damn good game. I can play it again and again without getting tired of it.

+ When a mediocre game goes on for two long, you just want it to finish and be done with it.

Portal is one of the best games ever, and you don't spend more the two hours on that, but you play it over and over again because it's so good.

Arkham Asylum takes place all on the same night. I wonder if the new one is like that as well?

That's kind of funny/interesting when you think about it

Yeah :lol: Its a kickass game though and im really looking forward to the sequel isnt supposed to be released this autumn ?

I am at the league on black, and I bought White last week, enjoying that now also. nolifeftw ^_^

I haven't found this yet but apparently this instalment of games leaves a lot of questions floating around and basically dying for a sequel. I hope I don't have to shell out big money and get a 3ds, it will eventually happen at some point though.

Here is a decent page for upcoming games, and you can search recommendations for already-released games, as well.

Here's the page for PS3 recommendations.

And here's the wikipedia page I was going off of. I don't know if all of these are real, but all of the ones I've shown interest in, I've seen announcements/rumors of outside of the page.

Here are some games that have caught my attention:

Animal Crossing

Bomberman 3DS

Cave Story 3DS

Dead or Alive: Dimensions

Dragon Quest

Etrian Odyssey

Fantasy Life

Final Fantasy

Harvest Moon 3D

Kid Icarus: Uprising

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Mario Kart 3DS

Mega Man Legends 3

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D

Ninja Gaiden

Paper Mario

Resident Evil: Revelations

Shin Megami Tensei

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona

Devil Survivor Overclocked

Super Mario 3DS

Tales of the Abyss

Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Here is a quick list for me, then:

PS3

Mortal Kombat (<3)

Batman: Arkham City

Duke Nukem Forever

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Portal 2

Red Faction: Armageddon

Battlefield 3

Ape Escape: Million Monkeys (First I saw about this. Hope it's fucking awesome like the old ones)

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (Never played the others, but since the new one is going to support 3D, I'm thinking about picking them up)

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath

3/DS

Animal Crossing

Harvest Moon (<3)