VIDEOGAME Thread...

Jesus christ...$100 bucks for a year of Xbox Live. That's pretty expensive...but I reckon it'd be worth it eh?

PS. I'm buying my 360 today ^_^.

It's the only option for online gaming.

I got 3 months Live with Test Drive Unlimitred. I got 3 months more with my the camera thing, another 1 with the wireless adapter. They gave me these cards for 1 month free (2) when I got the red rings of death!

Funky post/PM your tag. :)

What's a tag? :huh: I haven't signed up for Live if that's what you're talking about...I got a Silver thingy with the 360 though, I'll upgrade it eventually and when I get more games.

Edited by FunkyMonk

tag is what you're called. Like here ur Funky Monk. On live you pick a name. Popular monickers are XXxxxSikDoggPPimpKlilaz12xxXXX

Dammit, I was gonna use that one too <_<. I'll sign up soon enough.

tag is what you're called. Like here ur Funky Monk. On live you pick a name. Popular monickers are XXxxxSikDoggPPimpKlilaz12xxXXX

Dammit, I was gonna use that one too <_<. I'll sign up soon enough.

:rofl-lol:

yeah, once you get on, you will be bombarded with adds from people on here, including me :P

Dammit, I was gonna use that one too <_< . I'll sign up soon enough.

:rofl-lol:

yeah, once you get on, you will be bombarded with adds from people on here, including me :P

Sounds awesome.

It might be a few weeks though because I've gotta get it modded and shit, and I'm real worried about getting my 360 banned off XBL because it's modded, so I've just got to keep a sharp eye out for updates (when was the last one?).

I had to return my 2 hired games though...so currently I have my Xbox sitting there and I can't play anything on it, it's a little shit.

Brommle, i take everything back :P not even one week of using my 360 and the thing is broken already! my disc tray won't close, it keeps reopening. so i googled it and it seems are common as the red ring of death, from what i read most people are saying that microsoft will only use the 3 year warranty for the ring of death, they will fix the disc drive for $100! i have 3 weeks left on my year long warrannty but i no longer have my receipt, does that mean i have no warranty? or do i even need the receipt?

No one can program well for the ps3, but that's mostly because the ps3 is so ahead of it's time it's nearly ridiculous. It's technology that would still be considered new 5 years from now. They don't expect to exploit the full potential before another 5 years.

thats my point! which is why i'm going back to my xbox until the ps3 is up and running. in my opinion, if the 360 wasn't released when it was, the ps3 still wouldn't be released. its just not fully up and running as we can see from the poor store(soon to be updated) and no in-game XMB

I agree with your post.

Also if a developer did try and maximaze the PS3's full potential, it would be ridicuously expensive....thus leading to a higher price for the games. ($100-150 Range)

I can't get Xbox Live to go past the fuckin' MTU shit when it does the tests, it's really pissing me off. Such a ripoff that 360's don't come with wireless built in and crap.

Ok I've looked all over the internet for hours on end to try and get this thing to work and nothing has so I figured I'll explain it all here and maybe someones had the same problem. Thanks guys, nothing ever works for me when it's to do with connecting to the internet :rolleyes:.

I have a wireless connection from my computer to my router (it's upstairs in a different room, so it's too long to plug the 360 straight into the router), so I have to do an ICS connection. I sorted out problems I was having with the IP and DNS but now it's saying the MTU fails. I set my MTU at 1462 with Dr. TCP like all the websites say but it's still not working. Does it mean that my internet is just tooo slow for XBL (it shouldn't be, I mean it's not the best broadband...but it's not terrible)? I'm clueless to why it isn't working by now, it should be.

Edited by FunkyMonk

I can't get Xbox Live to go past the fuckin' MTU shit when it does the tests, it's really pissing me off. Such a ripoff that 360's don't come with wireless built in and crap.

Ok I've looked all over the internet for hours on end to try and get this thing to work and nothing has so I figured I'll explain it all here and maybe someones had the same problem. Thanks guys, nothing ever works for me when it's to do with connecting to the internet :rolleyes:.

I have a wireless connection from my computer to my router (it's upstairs in a different room, so it's too long to plug the 360 straight into the router), so I have to do an ICS connection. I sorted out problems I was having with the IP and DNS but now it's saying the MTU fails. I set my MTU at 1462 with Dr. TCP like all the websites say but it's still not working. Does it mean that my internet is just tooo slow for XBL (it shouldn't be, I mean it's not the best broadband...but it's not terrible)? I'm clueless to why it isn't working by now, it should be.

do u have the microsoft adapter for the 360? might sound dumb but do you? i had an adapter that worked for like 6 months then stopped. i didnt understand it either. microsoft said it didnt support my old adapter but it did work. i put down $80 for the microsoft one on ebay. havent had a problem since.

Ok I've looked all over the internet for hours on end to try and get this thing to work and nothing has so I figured I'll explain it all here and maybe someones had the same problem. Thanks guys, nothing ever works for me when it's to do with connecting to the internet :rolleyes: .

do u have the microsoft adapter for the 360? might sound dumb but do you? i had an adapter that worked for like 6 months then stopped. i didnt understand it either. microsoft said it didnt support my old adapter but it did work. i put down $80 for the microsoft one on ebay. havent had a problem since.

Do you mean wireless adaptor? Nah I don't have one, that's why I'm having to use the cable straight from the 360 to my computer. Is that wrong? Sorry I forgot to mention that.

I'm using the ethernet cable that came with the 360 straight into my computer.

Have you got a normal router? Try plugging in your 360 to that instead of your computer. I don't know shit about comps or anything, but that's what I got and it works fine for me.

I've got all my routers and shit upstairs so I can't get a cable running to it.

Ok I've looked all over the internet for hours on end to try and get this thing to work and nothing has so I figured I'll explain it all here and maybe someones had the same problem. Thanks guys, nothing ever works for me when it's to do with connecting to the internet :rolleyes: .

Do you mean wireless adaptor? Nah I don't have one, that's why I'm having to use the cable straight from the 360 to my computer. Is that wrong? Sorry I forgot to mention that.

I'm using the ethernet cable that came with the 360 straight into my computer.

I don't think that will work, it either needs to be plugged into the modem itself, or a router.

Have you got a normal router? Try plugging in your 360 to that instead of your computer. I don't know shit about comps or anything, but that's what I got and it works fine for me.

I've got all my routers and shit upstairs so I can't get a cable running to it.

Um, hate to say this, but I think you'll have to buy another ethernet cable to reach the router then. Unless there's another way to hook it up to the e-net that I don't know about.

Nah it's ok I've got it all sorted, I plugged the 360 into my brothers laptop instead of my computer and it's working fine now, it's updating now.

I'll edit and post my tag in a few minutes.

Update: My "tag" is Pimpmobile01, add me or whatever you do because I have no idea.

Ok and if I was to get 5 games...what should they be? They have to be cool on Live too (just found out I've got a 1 month free gold thingy ^_^).

I was thinking Burnout Paradise (or Project Gotham 4? I rather liked Burnout), Halo 3, Orange Box, Call of Duty 4 (I dunno though, I'm not a big "realistic" shooter kind of person) and Mass Effect.

Edited by FunkyMonk

Nah it's ok I've got it all sorted, I plugged the 360 into my brothers laptop instead of my computer and it's working fine now, it's updating now.

Update: My "tag" is Pimpmobile01, add me or whatever you do because I have no idea.

Ok and if I was to get 5 games...what should they be? They have to be cool on Live too (just found out I've got a 1 month free gold thingy ^_^).

I was thinking Burnout Paradise (or Project Gotham 4? I rather liked Burnout), Halo 3, Orange Box, Call of Duty 4 (I dunno though, I'm not a big "realistic" shooter kind of person) and Mass Effect.

I don't have a 360, but I'd suggest not getting CoD4. It's a very good game, and you'll love it at first, but then it'll devour your soul and you'll hate it and get sick of it.

My brother got Frontlines: Feul of War and that's pretty fun. :) It's in the future a little bit too.

Those are great choices.

Halo 3/CoD4/Orange Box all have excellent single player and multiplayer modes, plus Portal is one of the best games I played last year. Burnout's really fun, and the online mode is a really cool idea for a racer, and Mass Effect is one of the best RPG's I've ever played.

I'd also Recommend Bioshock or Rainbow Six Vegas 2.