Put here the 3 bands you hate more!

Gallagher Rose

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pantera

Eh?

Soundgarden (Wanna talk over rated front men? Chris fucking Cornell, the talentless prick)

So who would you count more talented than him? This should be interesting.

rolling stones

worthless bands

You may not like the Stones, but it takes a completely brain-dead fucking idiot to say that the Rolling Stones are worthless.

Then again, what would you expect from a swede.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
Pantera

Eh?

Soundgarden (Wanna talk over rated front men? Chris fucking Cornell, the talentless prick)

So who would you count more talented than him? This should be interesting.

rolling stones

worthless bands

You may not like the Stones, but it takes a completely brain-dead fucking idiot to say that the Rolling Stones are worthless.

:fuckyou: Fuck you!

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

I don't hate any bands, there are bands that I like and bands that I don't care for.

Focussing hate onto a band is just lame. What have they done to you?

Too right. There are many annoying songs and bands, but listing them is just stupid

Edited by rQueen

ok, for example, Janies Got A Gun has some WONDERFUL moments lyrically...its really bleak and theres a foreboding tone to it, its very subtle too in that it lets you know that the guy was fucked up to her but not...any real detail. it gives u little images, very stark notions/images (found him underneath the train, the man was such a sleaze *see thats suggestive yet blunt but not explicit*, and the whole dum dum dum honey what have you done? thing, its...haunting, vaguely) , to piece together and thats like...the best kinda music cuz it makes ur mind work too.

I asked you for an example and I got a good one. Thankyou. I actually do not mind Janie's got a gun. It's actually one of the few Aerosmith songs I enjoy. It seems different than their other songs.

he also has a GREAT talent for taking like...almost cliched things to say, cool things and pieces them together, kinda like kurt cobain said he did with the song Dive and makes these cool songs (hot tramp, daddys little cutey, never see ya leavin by the backdoor man). he has a great grasp on americana and this is reflected really well in his music (Axl has this too at times).
All the songs you mentioned have the same underlying "theme" about them. But obviously as you stated they were an original rock band and made music about having fun and girls. But their never seems to be any difference in their music other than "Dream On" and "Janie's Got a Gun".

his delivery is great, inimitable even, he can deliver a ballad like no one else, has a decent vocal range.

I disagree with this part, especially what I placed in bold...If you consider "dream On" to be a ballad then in my opinion he has one good ballad. they didn't even write "I don't wanna miss a thing", correct?

he's kickin' on the harmonica has a good grasp of the blues which is basically the heart n soul of all american music. he's got this...quality to his delivery that makes the whole thing come across as REALLY protean, kinda the dolemite movies where Dolemite gathers people in the street and does those little raps, its americana, its wonderful! he's got an inimitable stamp to his vocal quality that i could recognise in a 1,000 man choir.

I've never seen these movies. Sorry. Unfortunately I pay attention much more to the lyrics than the delivery, voice, pitch, or musical ability on other instruments. Those are good skills to have, after the lyrics are solid.

and i dunno how the term white trash is at all relevant...whats race got to do with it?!?! its music.
I was out of place to say that. Once again, sorry.

Here's my main problem with Aerosmith's music, I don't necessarily enjoy the sex, drugs, and rocknroll idea. I don't enjoy listening to songs based off of sex, drugs, and rocknroll. I honestly do not enjoy Appetite other than Sweet Child of Mine and Paradise City. Paradise City is of course the exception. Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, etc. do not appeal to me musically. I have numerous times on this forum stated that in my opinion I think "Welcome to the Jungle" is the most overrated song in the history of music. It just does not appeal to me.

I love Guns N' Roses because of "Patience", "Yesterdays", "Estranged", "November Rain", "Knocking on Heavens Door", "Dead Horse", "Breakdown" and others. The ROlling Stones have many songs that fall into the category of sex, drugs, and rocknroll; but songs like "Angie", "Sympathy for the Devil", and others make me appreciate what they were capable of from my musical taste.

AC/DC is a band that I consider to be overrated. To me, it seems every song has the same hard rock sex and rocknroll mentality. I respect it and I realize that without these bands GNR probably would not exist, but I still consider AC/DC along with Aerosmith to be overrated because they do not appeal to my musical tastes. Maybe I shouldn't judge on my musical taste because of bias. But the fact that Aerosmith and AC/DC rarely stray away from the normal "rocknroll theme", and when they do I do not think very much of the songs, I don't necessarily enjoy the bands.

It's just not my type of music, not my type of lyrics. The music behind the lyrics isn't so great that it can stick out more than the unappealing lyrics. But the lyrics are only unappealing to my taste.

And when I say "hate" I do't hate them because they did something to me. I really don't have a choice. My musical taste almost forces me to hate listening to them on the radio. If we could include four or five bands that we hate, I would have put AC/dc in the list.

I think the main part of where we differ is that I don't really THAT much credit to the lyrics. OK, lemme rephrase that, I think lyrics take a backseat to music. Not just a backseat either, the 6 rows back seat. Think about when ur a kid, a baby (not like goo goo gah gah and droolin, a kid, u know what I mean) and ur like 3 or 4 listenin to music, u don't know what the motherfuckers sayin, it's the sound that makes you move, and THAT is basically what its based on. The basic thing that I think we differ on is that u don't dig that whole sex drugs and rock n roll thing which I think is fucking great, its existentialist, its living for the moment, the way I think life should be. Im not anti-the deep shit but I think the sex drugs n rock n roll bit is just as important. But not as much as the music. That's why its called “listening to music” otherwise motherfuckers woulda stuck to poetry. I've always thought anyway that 99.9% of lyrics in popular music, especially when they try and get deep just come across as really really REALLY 3rd rate poetry (except for certain genres like the blues which was basically by semi-literate people and it was just stark and honest and through that it rendered a kinda poetic quality because it seemed almost to be moulded to the music in a kind of call and response form, like the blues singers talkin to his guitar, playing it almost like percussively which I guess kinda makes sense that whole the blues came from africa and the drum being a communication tool thing but im straying waaaaay off the fuckin point here) when I want poetry I read rimbaud of baudeliere y'know, I don't put on a rock record. That said I dig the doors too, I dig love songs, I dig all kindsa songs. You can have the most musically fucking addictive song and the lyrics will suck dick and I bet'cha you'll find urself walking down the street humming urself thinking, goddamn I wish I could get that fucking shit out of my head and THAT is the power of music, music does that, not lyrics. AC/DC, in terms of the music, is FUCKING addictive to me, they REALLY are...riffs like whole lotta rosie, fuckin forget about it I can take that shit to my grave with me. And a lotta the time also, deep type lyrics can be fuckin preachy and kinda insulting, u know the greatest songs in the world with a message putting something across in a poetic sense aint tellin u shit u don't really already know and its like a rephrased version of the advice your parents gave u, or just plain whining...but im self indulgent like everyone else so I dig that shit too but here, lemme give u an example.

We all come in from the cold

We come down from the wire

An everybody warms themselves

to a different fire

When sometimes we get burned

You'd think sometime we'd learn

The one you love is the one

That should take you higher

You ain't got no one

You better go back out and find um

Just like children hidin' in a closet

Can't tell what's goin' on outside

Sometimes we're so far off the beaten track

We'll get taken for a ride

By a parlor trick or some words of wit

A hidden hand up a sleeve

To think the one you love

could hurt you now

Is a little hard to believe

But everybody darlin' sometimes

Bites the hand that feeds

When I look around

Everybody always brings me down

Well is it them or me

Well I just can't see

But there ain't no peace to found

But if someone really cared

Well they'd take the time to spare

A moment to try and understand

Another one's despair

Remember in this game we call life

That no one said it's fair

Im sure u recognise that now my question is, as rock n roll goes, this bit of this particular song aint riffin on the sex drugs n rock n roll aspect and what do u really gain out of it lyrically I mean tell us something we don't already know motherfucker (axl, not you). To be honest with you, the majority of communication done from guns n roses to me was thru Slash solo's as opposed to any lyrics (im really over-deflating the importance of lyrics here) cuz y'know, words u can't understand, they have a meaning, sure u can interpret different shit from em but to a point they're locked. Music on the other hand, its all urs and it can mean and make u feel a million different things a day, that's the beauty of it and it means something different to everybody everytime and THATS timeless, lyrics on the other hand have a meaning and theres only so many intepretations u can apply till they're exhausted.

Having said all that, the sex drugs and rock n roll thing, if ur gonna REALLY get it u should be living it and just taking it lyrically and listening to all this debauchery on the way to ur 9 to 5 every morning is kinda well limp. I do see ur point. Wow, ramble.

music to me comes first because sound and communicating to sound and not sound that has any kinda fixed explicit meaning either is something primal and...relates to the earliest communications of the human expierience...we werent born with a language we taught ourselves those. sound was the first form of communication and something in our evolution as beings still responds to sound that has no precise meaning in the way words do.

I'm not going to come close to typing anything as intellectual as what you posted. I think the main difference is I regard lyrics as the 1st and foremost attribute in a song.

You could say that it just might as well be poetry, but in singing there is passion. When I hear the song "November Rain", I think about the lyrics and how they are probably some of the deepest(and at times cheesiest) lyrics I've ever heard. "Estranged" is the same way. The one thing singing a song has over poetry is passion.

Have you ever heard the demo to "november Rain"? Where it's just Axl playing piano and singing? There really isn't any "music" other than the piano, but he "sings" it. The song is beautiful. The demo is absolute bliss. Even if you took out the piano and just had Axl singing, it would be bliss.

I know our discussion wasn't so much about poetry vs. song as it was lyrics vs. instrument, but I just thought I'd like to say ow I see song lyric from poetry in that song has a defined passion, even if no "music" exists behind or in front of the singing.

Like I said, you and me hold different pieces of a song as the most important part. That will cause us to differ on our taste, but I do respect Aerosmith and AC/DC for what they did, but I still have to say that I strongly dislike them. I don't know if you follow American basketball, but in the 90's the Bulls and Knicks rivalry was at its peak. The two teams respected each other, but they still hated/strongly disliked eachother as well.

Edited by 3rd Wheel

I don't hate any bands, there are bands that I like and bands that I don't care for.

Too right. There are many annoying songs and bands, but listing them is just stupid

True, opinions tell us more about the opinion holder than the actual thing the opinion's about. However...

Fascinating to learn what the hardcore GNR-ites dig/hate the most though... I thought i just didn't get wankers like Blink 182 because i'm Ozzy and never did the college thing.. (i associate them with that, but don't assume everyone who goes to college associates with them!)

For what its worth: Jet & the White Stripes make me wanna puke.

and puke some more!!!

Metallica broke my heart after the black album. It hasn't healed yet.

Edited by afk

Does it have to be a band? If not I'd have to say any three rap groups.. I hate them all equally.. just as much as the next one... if it ha sto be aband..

Nickleback

Hinder

Evanessence

Not really in that order, because I would rather peel my face off and tear my ears out and eat them before dying everytime I have to listen to evenessence.. but Nickleback does the same thing... and I just dont like hinder.. this isn't fair asshole, I hate so many and you make me pick three. goddamn you.. you and the man you work for...

dont front oog's, u know ur a closet hip hop head really :lol:

Fa shizzle my nizzle, ya know's I gots ta keep's it rea-zzile for my hommie's g-dawg..

ok, for example, Janies Got A Gun has some WONDERFUL moments lyrically...its really bleak and theres a foreboding tone to it, its very subtle too in that it lets you know that the guy was fucked up to her but not...any real detail. it gives u little images, very stark notions/images (found him underneath the train, the man was such a sleaze *see thats suggestive yet blunt but not explicit*, and the whole dum dum dum honey what have you done? thing, its...haunting, vaguely) , to piece together and thats like...the best kinda music cuz it makes ur mind work too.

I asked you for an example and I got a good one. Thankyou. I actually do not mind Janie's got a gun. It's actually one of the few Aerosmith songs I enjoy. It seems different than their other songs.

he also has a GREAT talent for taking like...almost cliched things to say, cool things and pieces them together, kinda like kurt cobain said he did with the song Dive and makes these cool songs (hot tramp, daddys little cutey, never see ya leavin by the backdoor man). he has a great grasp on americana and this is reflected really well in his music (Axl has this too at times).
All the songs you mentioned have the same underlying "theme" about them. But obviously as you stated they were an original rock band and made music about having fun and girls. But their never seems to be any difference in their music other than "Dream On" and "Janie's Got a Gun".

his delivery is great, inimitable even, he can deliver a ballad like no one else, has a decent vocal range.

I disagree with this part, especially what I placed in bold...If you consider "dream On" to be a ballad then in my opinion he has one good ballad. they didn't even write "I don't wanna miss a thing", correct?

he's kickin' on the harmonica has a good grasp of the blues which is basically the heart n soul of all american music. he's got this...quality to his delivery that makes the whole thing come across as REALLY protean, kinda the dolemite movies where Dolemite gathers people in the street and does those little raps, its americana, its wonderful! he's got an inimitable stamp to his vocal quality that i could recognise in a 1,000 man choir.

I've never seen these movies. Sorry. Unfortunately I pay attention much more to the lyrics than the delivery, voice, pitch, or musical ability on other instruments. Those are good skills to have, after the lyrics are solid.

and i dunno how the term white trash is at all relevant...whats race got to do with it?!?! its music.

Here's my main problem with Aerosmith's music, I don't necessarily enjoy the sex, drugs, and rocknroll idea. I don't enjoy listening to songs based off of sex, drugs, and rocknroll. I honestly do not enjoy Appetite other than Sweet Child of Mine and Paradise City. Paradise City is of course the exception. Nightrain, Mr. Brownstone, etc. do not appeal to me musically. I have numerous times on this forum stated that in my opinion I think "Welcome to the Jungle" is the most overrated song in the history of music. It just does not appeal to me.

I love Guns N' Roses because of "Patience", "Yesterdays", "Estranged", "November Rain", "Knocking on Heavens Door", "Dead Horse", "Breakdown" and others. The ROlling Stones have many songs that fall into the category of sex, drugs, and rocknroll; but songs like "Angie", "Sympathy for the Devil", and others make me appreciate what they were capable of from my musical taste.

AC/DC is a band that I consider to be overrated. To me, it seems every song has the same hard rock sex and rocknroll mentality. I respect it and I realize that without these bands GNR probably would not exist, but I still consider AC/DC along with Aerosmith to be overrated because they do not appeal to my musical tastes. Maybe I shouldn't judge on my musical taste because of bias. But the fact that Aerosmith and AC/DC rarely stray away from the normal "rocknroll theme", and when they do I do not think very much of the songs, I don't necessarily enjoy the bands.

It's just not my type of music, not my type of lyrics. The music behind the lyrics isn't so great that it can stick out more than the unappealing lyrics. But the lyrics are only unappealing to my taste.

And when I say "hate" I do't hate them because they did something to me. I really don't have a choice. My musical taste almost forces me to hate listening to them on the radio. If we could include four or five bands that we hate, I would have put AC/dc in the list.

3rd Wheel, I've been following some of your posts recently and I had come to the conclusion that our musical tastes are very much alike (especially when it comes to GNR)

I'm a huge Aerosmith fan and I just wanted to let you know that you might want to ignore 70s Aerosmith stuff and concentrate on their Geffen period

most rockers claim that 70s Aerosmith is one of the best bands in music history and 90s Aerosmith is one of the worst - totally wrong

I recommend you the following songs:

Angel, Permanent Vacation (Permanent Vacation)

What It Takes, Janies's Got A Gun (PUMP)

Eat The Rich, Livin' On The Edge, Crazy, Amazing (my all time fav song), Gotta Love It (Get A Grip - my all time fav album)

Deuces Are Wild, Blind Man (Big Ones)

Hole In My Soul, Full Circle, Fallen Angels, Ain't that A Bitch (Nine Lives)

Beyond Beautiful, Luv Lies, Avant Garden (Just Push Play)

these are vocally/lyricaly driven songs that appeal to a more down to earth listener

they are nothing spectacular or original, in fact they are a bit cliche (or a lot, some of them :D) but they are put very nicely, and some of them have this way of attracting you, give you the pleasure of listen - the kind of songs that can be heard at low volumes, if you know what I mean

not everything is sex-oriented

there are also some excellent Aerosmith songs from the 70s that don't fit the rock n roll, sex-obsessed, hardcore drug-user image: Last Child, Woman Of The World, Uncle Salty (which is a lot like Janie), Toys In The Attic, Kings And Queens, Dream On are among my favorites

and there are some that do, especially Sweet Emotion (ignore the lyrics if you don't like them and you will find a masterfully crafted piece of music)

and how can you not like Stevie??? :xmasssanta: :xmasssanta: :xmasssanta: :lol::lol:rock4rock4rock4

54085.jpg

he is the most charismatic person in showbiz and he's probably the best rock vocalist ever

rolling stones

worthless bands

pfff dont be so sensitive

the stones are worthless

its a known fact

rolling stones

worthless bands

the stones are worthless

its a known fact

Can you give me some references that support this known fact?

Guest knerken
Lordi

Wig Wam

Damn straight, I want to throw something hard on Wig Wam's lead singer.

He's annoying and god damn "harry", but you can't say anything abut his voice. Great singer really. But yeah, I agree with you that it's a shitty band even though..

rolling stones

worthless bands

the stones are worthless

its a known fact

Can you give me some references that support this known fact?

I could..... but you'll learn so much more if you go and find it yourself.... thats also a fact... ask your teacher

3rd Wheel, I've been following some of your posts recently and I had come to the conclusion that our musical tastes are very much alike (especially when it comes to GNR)

I'm a huge Aerosmith fan and I just wanted to let you know that you might want to ignore 70s Aerosmith stuff and concentrate on their Geffen period

most rockers claim that 70s Aerosmith is one of the best bands in music history and 90s Aerosmith is one of the worst - totally wrong

I recommend you the following songs:

Angel, Permanent Vacation (Permanent Vacation)

What It Takes, Janies's Got A Gun (PUMP)

Eat The Rich, Livin' On The Edge, Crazy, Amazing (my all time fav song), Gotta Love It (Get A Grip - my all time fav album)

Deuces Are Wild, Blind Man (Big Ones)

Hole In My Soul, Full Circle, Fallen Angels, Ain't that A Bitch (Nine Lives)

Beyond Beautiful, Luv Lies, Avant Garden (Just Push Play)

these are vocally/lyricaly driven songs that appeal to a more down to earth listener

they are nothing spectacular or original, in fact they are a bit cliche (or a lot, some of them :D) but they are put very nicely, and some of them have this way of attracting you, give you the pleasure of listen - the kind of songs that can be heard at low volumes, if you know what I mean

not everything is sex-oriented

there are also some excellent Aerosmith songs from the 70s that don't fit the rock n roll, sex-obsessed, hardcore drug-user image: Last Child, Woman Of The World, Uncle Salty (which is a lot like Janie), Toys In The Attic, Kings And Queens, Dream On are among my favorites

and there are some that do, especially Sweet Emotion (ignore the lyrics if you don't like them and you will find a masterfully crafted piece of music)

and how can you not like Stevie??? :xmasssanta: :xmasssanta: :xmasssanta: :lol::lol:rock4rock4rock4

54085.jpg

he is the most charismatic person in showbiz and he's probably the best rock vocalist ever

I already know that "angel" in my opinion is average...but I will check out the other songs.

The intro to Sweet Emotion is very very good, but after that I don't really enjoy the song.

there are too many.....the top 2.

towers of london - its like a subconcious irony on their behalf. they dont get it nothing credible, unique, or talented about them. theyre laughable.

my chemical romance - how many times will kerrang crap out another version of the same manufactured shit from this genre that makes a fucking mockery of everything rock music is and was? it must stop. sometimes, just sometimes, id like to be able to watch music channels without having to look at the horse gummed smug little git whining back at me.

True, opinions tell us more about the opinion holder than the actual thing the opinion's about. However...

Fascinating to learn what the hardcore GNR-ites dig/hate the most though... I thought i just didn't get wankers like Blink 182 because i'm Ozzy and never did the college thing.. (i associate them with that, but don't assume everyone who goes to college associates with them!)

For what its worth: Jet & the White Stripes make me wanna puke.

and puke some more!!!

Metallica broke my heart after the black album. It hasn't healed yet.

I am glad that there is actually people out there with the same opinion on music that I have...