Most disappointing album of all-time?

Estranged Reality

Dark Side Of The Moon probably...that album isn't even close to the best Pink Floyd albums

There should be a law against saying that! :mellow:

Best album ever made. Ever.

But I am curious as to why you'd rate it so low compared to their other stuff.

True, Umaguma and Obscured By Clouds don't exactly scream Classic.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Year Zero has been a bit of a dissapointment to me thus far.

Yeah i can't seen to get into it either

The Velvet Underground & Nico. It's supposed to be one of the greatest albums ever, but it's more boring than Nirvana.

Agree.....x2 :unsure:

Sgt. peppers

*hyperventilates and dies*

:lol:

I must say RHCP's latest was a huge disappointment for me. They've lost the bone-crushing-mayhem-funk -edge they once had.

Then there's of course, St. Anger and Contraband.

David Gilmour's "On An Island" wasn't that great either.

I never really liked Sg P either.. i can appreciate how good the album is but just never really liked it..know what i mean :unsure:

Stadium arcadium: Nowhere near their best..but there can only be one "Resonating in the shape of things to come,never waiting when I know theres only one" :lol: little call-back there

... I think disk 2 on stadium arcadium was the most disappointing album ive got, apart from tell me baby..its just :drevil: Disk one on the other hand it COMPLETELY awesome.

Anyone know what other SA singles will be released?

Aerosmith - Just Push Play

Metallica - St. Anger

Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast (well at least two kick-ass songs on it (Children Of The Damned and Hallowed Be Thy Name)

Edited by Iceman24

David Gilmour's "On An Island" wasn't that great either.

Compared to Floyd's great works, no. But compared to his other solo albums I thought it was by far the best.

I strongly disagree. Both David Gilmour and About Face are better, IMO.

Dance Of Death - Maiden

Contraband - VR

I like both band, but those albums disapointed me

It's funny you say you like Velvet Revolver, but dislike their only album to date.

For me being a huge Iron Maiden fan I must say it was "Dance of Death" (2003) album

I still can't listen to this and it even made me not to wanna listen to maiden until they released AMOLAD, a true maiden album

How can you say that? :shocked:

Dance Of Death is after Brave New World and A Matter Of And Death the best album. It owns albums like Piece Of Mind, Number Of The Beast, Powerslave, Fear Of The Dark and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son by far. Love that album. rock3

AMOLAD is NOT the best Maiden album, but its up there. I can't really pick a favorite out of the first 7 and AMOLAD.

For me it would be Black Sabbath's Technical Ecstacy. The band released 6 albums straight that were amazing, and then TE could hardly even be called mediocre.

Aerosmith - Just Push Play

Metallica - St. Anger

Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast (well at least two kick-ass songs on it (Children Of The Damned and Hallowed Be Thy Name)

:blink::laugh:

I can't imagine maiden without the album Number Of the Beast!

This album is one of the most classic in Heavy Metal scene.

I ain't gonna comment any more.

Edited by rQueen

Sgt. peppers

Really?

Why? I don't listen to the Beatles much, but I always liked that album.... :unsure:

Yep, never understood the hype

Dark Side Of The Moon probably...that album isn't even close to the best Pink Floyd albums

But I am curious as to why you'd rate it so low compared to their other stuff. Care to explain? :unsure:

I feel the same about dark side aswell

But I am curious as to why you'd rate it so low compared to their other stuff. Care to explain? :unsure:

Firstly underneath all the production and special effects there are just a couple of boring keyboard pop tunes.This actually is the only Pink Floyd album that has songs that are all so annoyingly similar to eachother that it's hard to tell the difference between them (except Money).

And then there David Gilmour.I've never been a fan of him,simply because he's guitar playing is completely lacking of any kind of emotion,compared to Syd's playing,its sounds baaad.On this album ,maybe because of the production,maybe its the overuse of Wright's keyboard,but the guitar sounds absolutely nutered on most songs.

Metallica - St. Anger

I used to be a huge Metallica fan, but this album completely deflated my love for the band. Terrible in every way.

Weezer - Make Believe

Musically, this album is solid. Rivers Cuomo is usually a dependably good lyricist, but the lyrics on this record are mostly embarrassingly bad - And the fact that Cuomo does his best singing in years to these juvenile, dumb lyrics makes only makes it more disappointing.

Garbage - Bleed Like Me

In trying to be "current" and dialing down the electronica, Garbage sacrificed what made them unique and made a generic rock record that sounds like it could've been made by anybody.

Edited by EccoTides

The Velvet Underground & Nico. It's supposed to be one of the greatest albums ever, but it's more boring than Nirvana.

How many times have you listened to it?!?!

Listen to I'm Waiting for the Man & Venus in Furs. I mean actually listen to it. Listen to the lyrics and everything. Try and avoid the Nico songs, and only listen to Lou.

I seriously do not know how you can find that album boring and compare the VU to a shit band like Nirvana. :no:

Venus in Furs is the only song I'd consider "okay" if it didn't go for way too long. And I've listened to it all the way through with an open mind on many occasions

One Hot Minute by the Chili Peppers was nowhere near their previous stuff. But then again it lacked John.

Really got to disagree here, I for one think that this is the Chili's best album as it is off the linear path of their previous work and far more expansie than there last three albums, purely because it's got Dave, who is probably the best guitarist under 40 on the planet.

For me the most dissapointing album is.....Odditorium or Warlords from Mars by The Dandy warhols, what a terrible follow up to the success of Welcome to the Monkey House.

shit thats pretty fucking cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! look at the iguana!!!! n yeh, they're chelsea girl tracks. ever see the movie chelsea girls? or the movie velvet underground??

Alright, I will get Chelsea Girl soon.

I haven't seen either of those films. :(

chelsea girls is a trip, i ordered it from italy, comes in two video cassettes and Velvet Underground is just them jammin for 25 mins with the camera goin herky jerky on em. u should be able to get em offa ebay.

Can I get them anywhere else?!?!

Do you have Peel Slowly and See?!?!

yeah i got peel slowly and see, someone stole it for me out of a college dorm cuz i couldn't afford it at the time and someone knew this loser who had it. as for gettin them, i dunno, they crop up on ebay from time to time, thats only place i seen em, along with those other warhol shorts.

Haha, fair enough. Do you like it?!?! I don't have it. :unsure: I will get it soon, though. I've never really spoken to anyone who has it before.

I must say RHCP's latest was a huge disappointment for me.

Oh fuck yes. I was so very very disappointed with that.

I agree to a point. I found the first disc to be pretty decent, but the second disc was just not good besides Animal Bar and 21st Century.

For me it's got to be Pantera - Far Beyond Driven.

After the ass kicking they delivered with Cowboys and Vulgar Display, this sounded limp...

I disagree, but Great Southern Trendkill and Reinventing the Steel were pretty crusty.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Metallica - St. Anger

Van Halen - Van Halen III(w/Gary Cherone)

I knew you would mention a Van Halen album!

Metallica - St. Anger

I've been meaning to post VHIII since I saw this thread a couple days ago, but haven't gotten around to it. Beat me to it by a few minutes.

I'll add another VH album... 5150

Metallica - St. Anger

I've been meaning to post VHIII since I saw this thread a couple days ago, but haven't gotten around to it. Beat me to it by a few minutes.

I'll add another VH album... 5150

Lets just put down all the VH albums w/ sammy.