pantera tribute thread

vulgar

Who the fuck cares, man. Let people think what they want.

All I know is that Pantera was bloody great.

listen i don't give a rats ass if they dislike the band. i just get sick of them bitching about it.

And this comes from a guy who started a thred about genres he does not hate.

wtf think about your going to say before you type. btw the thread was called genres you hate.

ok fixed the strange typos,but you still are creating a double standard

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

listen i don't give a rats ass if they dislike the band. i just get sick of them bitching about it.

wtf think about your going to say before you type. btw the thread was called genres you hate.

alright how bout this. you give me five good reasons why pantera is overrated. and you got my respect. is that fair? and take as much time as you want cause i got all day.

Edited by Raw

alright how bout this. you give me five good reasons why pantera is overrated. and you got my respect. is that fair? and take as much time as you want cause i got all day.

i seriously doubt that i could give even one reason that in your mind would be considered good,but here it goes.

1.Pantera's musical revolution was mainly just slowing down thrash metal riffs.

2.Dimebag is another one of those people,who dies young and then gets made into a god by fans(I know,i've worshiped some myself).He wasn't a bad guitarist by any means,but there was nothing special about him.

3.Most influencial metal band of the 90's....give me a break,KoRn,Rage Against The Machine or Helmet take the throne.

4.For a band,who always used to stay "true" and not give into trends,its nice to mention that Pantera used to be a pretty crappy hair metal band before starting to rip off Exhorder.

5.I know I'm cheating with this one,but its goes out for you.Just because a band member is a dick or badmouths another genre,does not mean you automatically hate them.If so,I should hate any band,whose members have taken drugs.Dude honestly grow up,nobody has said that Pantera ruined metal,if you want to bitch so much about nu metal and rap,don't even bother hoping that there aren't people who don't like Pantera.

Edited by krissirge

besides a couple of good songs like Walk,Pantera is probably the most overrated metal band in the 90's,they did the horrible thing of slowing down thrash.Slayer or Sepultura blow Pantera out of the water.

Dimebag is yet another musician who after dying turns into a legend.

Darrell was a fucking legend within the metal world before his death.

i seriously doubt that i could give even one reason that in your mind would be considered good,but here it goes.

2.Dimebag is another one of those people,who dies young and then gets made into a god by fans(I know,i've worshiped some myself).He wasn't a bad guitarist by any means,but there was nothing special about him.

3.Most influencial metal band of the 90's....give me a break,KoRn,Rage Against The Machine or Helmet take the throne.

4.For a band,who always used to stay "true" and not give into trends,its nice to mention that Pantera used to be a pretty crappy hair metal band before starting to rip off Exhorder.

5.I know I'm cheating with this one,but its goes out for you.Just because a band member is a dick or badmouths another genre,does not mean you automatically hate them.If so,I should hate any band,whose members have taken drugs.Dude honestly grow up,nobody has said that Pantera ruined metal,if you want to bitch so much about nu metal and rap,don't even bother hoping that there aren't people who don't like Pantera.

1.first off there is more to pantera's musical revolution then slowing down thrash metal riffs.

2.that statement sounds very incomplete. you need to be more descriptive.

3.somewhat right there were bands and musicians more influential then pantera. such as pearl jam, NIN, and Foo Fighters. but none of the bands you listed.

4.thats a irreverent statement. listen before anselmo joinned. they were a hair band. then when anselmo joined they changed their musical style. anselmo was what gave pantera their edge.

5.Listen i don't care if people dislike pantera or any other band. i just want to know why. plus most pantera haters that i know. hate pantera just because of anselmo. just like how some people hate gnr just because of axl. and another thing your the one who started this by saying pantera was overrated. and this thread is a pantera tribute thread smart guy no negativity and no bashing. if you want to talk about how this band is overrated. then go start a thread about it. cause i don't to see it in here.

Congraduations you have failed the task. you gave me 5 half-assed answers that didn't point out anything that has to do with being overrated. I hope your proud of yourself.

Raw

Edited by Raw

1.first off there is more to pantera's musical revolution then slowing down thrash metal riffs.

3.somewhat right there were bands and musicians more influential then pantera. such as pearl jam, NIN, and Foo Fighters. but none of the bands you listed.

4.thats a irreverent statement. listen before anselmo joinned. they were a hair band. then when anselmo joined they changed their musical style. anselmo was what gave pantera their edge.

5.Listen i don't care if people dislike pantera or any other band. i just want to know why. plus most pantera haters that i know. hate pantera just because of anselmo. just like how some people hate gnr just because of axl. and another thing your the one who started this by saying pantera was overrated. and this thread is a pantera tribute thread smart guy no negativity and no bashing. if you want to talk about how this band is overrated. then go start a thread about it. cause i don't to see it in here.

Congraduations you have failed the task. you gave me 5 half-assed answers that didn't point out anything that has to do with being overrated. I hope your proud of yourself.

Raw

of course,read the first line of my post. You've just proven that you are as big of a blind Pantera worshipper than some people here are Axl worshipers.Have fun growing up :)

Edited by krissirge

Pantera's music is excellent. One of the complete metal bands. Hardly ever strayed from their roots and for that we respect 'em.

"Our trust is in whisky and weed and Black Sabbath."

RIP Dime. Such an influential band. You'd be hard pressed to find a metal band around today that doesn't list them as an influence.

xDSGx

Raw

of course,read the first line of my post. You've just proven that you are as big of a blind Pantera worshipper than some people here are Axl worshipers.Have fun growing up :)

omg. if anyone needs to grow up it's you. you came in this thread saying that pantera is overrated. in a pantera tribute thread. of course your going to get negative feedback you fucking dickhead! i read your post i replied to each answer. you my friend are a fucking prick! you have singlehandedly ruined this thread! next time you see a tribute thread to a band you dislike how about you stay the fuck out! all your doing is fucking up threads like this one for people who actually like the band. i think what your trying is to raise controversy and in the process you fuck everything up. i'm sick and tired of people like you.

Edited by Raw

This is why i love Pantera.

Cementery Gates. rock1

Philip's vocals there are terrific!!

I've been a fan for so many years now, and everytime i listen to them i discover something new on their music and i feel like a want to break something.. It's so powerful.

They were awesome, i got their full discography i've been listen to it all the time.. rock3

Cementery Gates. rock1

I've been a fan for so many years now, and everytime i listen to them i discover something new on their music and i feel like a want to break something.. It's so powerful.

They were awesome, i got their full discography i've been listen to it all the time.. rock3

Truelly a great tune right there. Phil's voice was so amazing back then.

Each other their records are so great for what they are, and they got much more brutal too.

Cementery Gates. rock1

Each other their records are so great for what they are, and they got much more brutal too.

thats what i love about pantera they just kept on improving each album. they never gave up like some bands do.

btw ozzfest 2000 is awesome i can't post it because it has nudity but still fucking awesome.

Cementery Gates. rock1

thats what i love about pantera they just kept on improving each album. they never gave up like some bands do.

btw ozzfest 2000 is awesome i can't post it because it has nudity but still fucking awesome.

I love that show. I wish there was a dvd of it. Yesterday Don't Mean Shit is fucking amazing live.

• 2 weeks later...
I never want to watch that BTM ever again. I've seen it, no more. That footage kills the whole program.

ok i just felt like putting that on here for everyone. but if it's to painful for some viewers then i strongly suggest they re frame from watching it. sorry F*ck Fear

hahahaha krissirge rules

I like pantera but I kind of agree with him

agree with him about pantera or what he said about me.

both

:fuckyou:

:(

hey! if your not with me. your against me.

but I wanna be with you... hug you.... love you forever and ever