pantera tribute thread

vulgar

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw pantera in early 90s with skid row and ozzy at alpine and pantera was the best band of the day.and this past weekend saw skid row and boy they really turned me off they need baz back or something but anyway pantera is still one of the best shows ive seen rock3rock3

Damn, I would've loved to have seen that :(

September 25th, 2007 is the official release date for down III.

Another great record this year. Can't wait.

That is kickass. It's going to rule.

well phil pulled an axl earlier this summer and put a tentative release date for 7/26/07 but it didn't happen. but this is official i guess.

Down III is going to be slamming. I honestly can't fucking wait. It's going to be great hearing Phil's voice without the screamo shit that is Superjoint.

speaking of superjoint, is phil still with superjoint or is he done with them? cause i noticed he has been ignoring them lately.

Edited by vulgar

I believe that Jimmy Bower is in Down as well as Superjoint. And I'm sure Phil is still friends with Hank Williams III. He always seems to switch up the projects that he works on. Unless stated otherwise, I wouldn't be suprised if after this album and tour has run it's course, we will see him back with SJR.

With Down III right around the corner, I'm sure this isn't the only cover he will be featured on in the coming months.

I'm not sure if I get that magazine here in Canada or not. I don't recall ever seeing it, but I'll look for it.

lets hope down III goes platinum then phil will be back on top of the metal world again.

Metal fans everywhere are looking forward to this album. I see it everywhere I post for example. It may not make a big impact, but people will be aware.

I'm just waiting for a headlining tour. They opened for Megadeth and Sabbath when I saw them in Toronto a few months back. Great show, but they easily could have headlined.

Metal fans everywhere are looking forward to this album. I see it everywhere I post for example. It may not make a big impact, but people will be aware.

I'm just waiting for a headlining tour. They opened for Megadeth and Sabbath when I saw them in Toronto a few months back. Great show, but they easily could have headlined.

down and velvet revolver should tour together. that would be awesome.

down and velvet revolver should tour together. that would be awesome.

Definitely.

I didn't take this picture, I found it at the zakkwylde.com forums. This is from the show I was at. I saved the pic because in Peppers back pocket is the Confederate flag bandanna I was wearing, until I threw it at Phil :rofl-lol: He turned around as it landed on stage, so Pepper picked it up.

File0020.jpg

I didn't take this picture, I found it at the zakkwylde.com forums. This is from the show I was at. I saved the pic because in Peppers back pocket is the Confederate flag bandanna I was wearing, until I threw it at Phil :rofl-lol: He turned around as it landed on stage, so Pepper picked it up.

File0020.jpg

good pic, phils hilarious. btw does he still do the rants?

Edited by vulgar

He didn't say much. Just things like if it wasn't for Sabbath, none of us would have been there. Stopping the songs making sure people are banging their heads, that sort of shit.

dammit, i miss his rants about about being pissed off at the world.