Who has the WORST voice in rock??

Carne_asaDA

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozzy. He sounded like he was struggling back in the 70's, never mind now.

Dave Mustaine and Billy Corgan may not be technically great singers. But they really give the music character with their distinctive styles. And at least they have the redeeming virtue of ebing guitarists as well. No wonder sabbath are ditching ozzy to go play with dio.

Oh yeah, i also hate James La Brie from Dream Theatre. His ridiculous operatic high notes ruin the band for me. Now there's an example of a singer who's technically great but aweful in practise.

Edited by Maddergascar

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
That red neck who sang in the Who was pretty bad, even though he had his moments "Out of my brain on the 5:15!"

:huh:

James LaBrie is amazing...I'm in shock here...

Ozzy. He sounded like he was struggling back in the 70's, never mind now.

Dave Mustaine and Billy Corgan may not be technically great singers. But they really give the music character with their distinctive styles. And at least they have the redeeming virtue of ebing guitarists as well. No wonder sabbath are ditching ozzy to go play with dio.

Oh yeah, i also hate James La Brie from Dream Theatre. His ridiculous operatic high notes ruin the band for me. Now there's an example of a singer who's technically great but aweful in practise.

If you say so...that guy sounds and looks like a fucktard...

The singer of Coheed And Cambria. They suck ass for cack, and the vocals...well...they make me want to stab myself in the eye with a pencil. It's no contest, as far as I'm concerned. Other notable chokesters in the vocal category are Dexter from The Offspring (do you know 2 notes?), the singer from My Chemical Romance (kill me, please...), and Billy Joe from Green Day (what a joke). Those of you bashing on Diamond Dave, Steven Tyler, Joe Elliott, and Vince Neil...I just don't understand that. I'm with you on Lemmy and Bob Dylan, though. Lemmy sounds one Marlboro away from taking a dirt nap, and Bob Dylan, though a brilliant songwriter, sounds like a possum in heat. Axl rules the Earth...

Fuck off, Claudio's voice is amazing... he has range that i'd kill for, the only bad thing about his voice is occasional acid reflux, but if you knew anything about Coheed then you'd know there's a reason he sings like that... (and no, just to counter the typical response here it's not "just because they suck"). Err, my vote probably goes to Mikael Stanne who sang for In Flames in the early days, he sounds like he's gargling rocks, there was so much good stuff on the lunar strain album but his vocals are a massive letdown... so glad we've got Anders instead now.

Definitely Lemmy

Izzy (love his stuff, but man)

But this one takes the cake...

Bruce Springsteen.

:confused: Bruce Springsteen?

His a great singer IMO, and his voice is amazing..

He just fucking moans and mumbles. His voice would probably be pretty good if he didn't moan and mumble.

I feel just the same. He's technically perfect, but no feeling. I don't hate him though. I think that he is really good even when he's covering songs and when he's singing live. But still...

Dream Theater are one of my favourites.

Guys you re forgetting the king of Homo's

Mr Scott Weiland....

Yikes

Im pretty dissapointed, I thought maybe a guy with Rory in his sig would come up with something

better than this.

Anyway, I don't even wanna think about who's got the worst voice in rock history.. it's just too many.

To mention some of my favourite bands and vocalists. J. Mascin has a terrible voice, it's just lousy

and out of tune live. Still I enjoy it so much. It's almost that false that it become pretty :P

Lemmy has a terrible voice, but he is the definition of rock'n'roll. It sounds awsome but vocal-wise it's terrible.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
the guy that was frontman for the darkness, justin hawkins I think his name was. Fucking terrible voice.

Yeah I hate him!