Metal Thread

Dean-16

Decide are pretty shit too.

I love Opeth, I wouldn't put them in the 'Death Metal' category. I wasn't including 'melodeath' when I said it was shit. I love melodeath.

I was more talking about how lame and crappy 'death-grunts' are. They sound retarded.

Edited by FunkyMonk

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Opeth, I wouldn't put them in the 'Death Metal' category. I wasn't including 'melodeath' when I said it was shit. I love melodeath.

I was more talking about how lame and crappy 'death-grunts' are. They sound retarded.

Exactly. Opeth is not death metal. These grunting artists are annoying and are a dime a dozen. They're a disgrace, IMO.

I hate me the idea of metal heads

there the guys that stand ina show and look all bored n pissed when a good band plays a ballad

and the headbanging and shit just gives rock a bad image

death metal is a crime , the way the vocals are done probably sparks throat cancer!!

Hard rock is much better , Ozzy osbourne rules metal though.

I hate me the idea of metal heads

there the guys that stand ina show and look all bored n pissed when a good band plays a ballad

and the headbanging and shit just gives rock a bad image

death metal is a crime , the way the vocals are done probably sparks throat cancer!!

Hard rock is much better , Ozzy osbourne rules metal though.

That's bullshit man. For example, Pantera had ballads. And headbanging gives rock a bad image? Mother fuckers standing still on the floor, kill the energy, which kills the shows.

here's the metal bands I like:

Metallica

Slipknot

Trivium

Megadeth

Stone Sour

Iron Maiden

Ozzy Osbourne

Black Sabbeth

Bullet For My Valentine

36 Crazyfists

Killswitch Engage

Ill Nino

SoulFly

Devil Driver

Sepultura

Pantera

Anthrax

The death metal scream/grunt whatever is great when done properly and used sparingly and in context.

Bleeding Through always use a nice low scream in most songs and it always sounds good.

Also: What the fuck headbanging gives metal a bad image?!

If everyone looked down on my for being a metalhead coz I headbang a lot not because they think I'm an alcoholic pot-head who likes to fight and fuck I'd be a lot happier!! When noone moshes in the pit it just kills the whole idea of the gig. It annoys the hell out of me to see people standing around being miserable <_<

xDSGx

Exactly. Opeth is not death metal. These grunting artists are annoying and are a dime a dozen. They're a disgrace, IMO.

they are progressive death metal

the band Death is awesome by the way also

I dunno how many Exodus fans are on here but they recently went into the studio to begin recording. They had 11 songs done so that's a good sign. And Gary Holt said it's "The best yet"-so we'll see.

aww hard to beat! exodus kickass! i loved the temple of the damned album!!!

any rumour of a release date?

I dunno how many Exodus fans are on here but they recently went into the studio to begin recording. They had 11 songs done so that's a good sign. And Gary Holt said it's "The best yet"-so we'll see.

aww hard to beat! exodus kickass! i loved the temple of the damned album!!!

any rumour of a release date?

I saw Exodus in 2005...a kickass show,nvm that they mostly played songs from the last album.

The death metal scream/grunt whatever is great when done properly and used sparingly and in context.

Bleeding Through always use a nice low scream in most songs and it always sounds good.

Also: What the fuck headbanging gives metal a bad image?!

If everyone looked down on my for being a metalhead coz I headbang a lot not because they think I'm an alcoholic pot-head who likes to fight and fuck I'd be a lot happier!! When noone moshes in the pit it just kills the whole idea of the gig. It annoys the hell out of me to see people standing around being miserable <_<

xDSGx

I guess the "grunt" can be done properly, and it isn't bad when it is. I shouldn't judge too harshly, as one of my favourite metal bands, Darkseed, uses those grunts sometimes.

Great band, by the way.

Manowar are metal gods!

so what if they looked gay

another metal god by the name of Rob Halford is gay

eh as we can see if your a true metalhead you resepct homosexuals

Oh I don't like Pantera

never liked them

so far I believe I never will

You don't have to respect gays to be a "True Metalhead"....what a load of shit

False metlahead:

"Rob Halford is good for a gay man!"

True Metalhead

"Who gives a hell if hes gay he is metal god, Judas Priest are better than anything on your piss list of bands"

Ey, just cause i don't respect gays, does not mean i disrespect them, also, i know fine well Rob Halford is a very good musician, and yes...my piss list of bands, you go on and name some metal that isn't Judas Fuckin priest.

Ozzy has nothing on metal

He contributed nothing but his bumbling voice to Sabbath

His solo career was pop-metal to glam metal to crap metal

Real Metal Gods

Tony Iommi

Rob Halford

Lemmy Kilmister

Chuck Schulinder

Ronnie James Dio

Dave Mustaine (Since Metallica the most well known thrash band material was mostly written by him)

Edited by 4geowobo

Real Metal Gods

Tony Iommi

Rob Halford

Lemmy Kilmister

Chuck Schulinder

Ronnie James Dio

Dave Mustaine (Since Metallica the most well known thrash band material was mostly written by him)

thats bullshit ozzy is far more influential than those guys you listed. btw i am argueing about this so don't bother replying.

Real Metal Gods

Tony Iommi

Rob Halford

Lemmy Kilmister

Chuck Schulinder

Ronnie James Dio

thats bullshit ozzy is far more influential than those guys you listed. btw i am argueing about this so don't bother replying.

Influences now huh?1

Like who?

Primus (their not metal)

Soundgarden (still not metal)

Im trying to look for one

Black Sabbath influenced metal, not Ozzy alone

What has Ozzy done that influenced metal

Showing artists how to sell out?

Showing artists that you can become rich of off sucking off other peoples (mainly his guitarists) talent?

Please

Ronnie James Dio not as influental as Ozzy?

Your right

Ozzy is a metal god *laughs*

fuck Dio, Lemmy, Chuck, Halford, yeah who needs talent

its all about Ozzy!!!1!1!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!1!!one

Edited by 4geowobo

Real Metal Gods

Tony Iommi

Rob Halford

Lemmy Kilmister

Chuck Schulinder

Ronnie James Dio

Influences now huh?

Like who?

Primus (their not metal)

Soundgarden (still not metal)

Im trying to look for one

Black Sabbath influenced metal, not Ozzy alone

i meant most influential frontman. i know not so much anymore but 25-30 years ago hell ya. rock3